E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Questions Questions Questions !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Black Sapphire Metallic 07' 550i

I hope you guys can forgive me for asking lots of questions...cuz i am still green and starting to get addicted to cars and mods..

Hopefully someone can answer these

1. Do you guys have your aircon on automatically everytime u start your car ? Well i do and i sure do not want that to happen...anyways to set it to off everytime i ignite engine ? Tried asking these a while back no one answers...

2. I am thinking of getting tints for my glass..when they say 30% tint...do they mean 70% of light can pass thru or 30% of light can pass thru ? Ermm..and what brands would be considered good ? A ranking order of them would be great ...I am kind of looking at Huper Optik and Formula One...wondering am i looking at the right ones ?

3. AIB headlights...they have ~0.3 more amp than oems...will they affect anything ? And there's this FM issue...i believe going on even though i have no idea whats the relation here...any fixes yet ? And how can i make sure i get consistent brightness in both bulbs since i am considering to order soon?

4. PIAA foglights...H4 Xtreme white plus 4170K or 4700K...i see a variation being used here...whats the best to pair with AIB and why ?

5. I plan to install quad exhaust in my 07' 550i...i have researched a bit and kind of looking at two brands now...Eisenmann and Supersprint...any views on them or any other better brands i have missed out ? Oh and btw...is supersprint made by hamann ? I sure wan something mean !

If any kind soul would answer my questions...i would certainly appreciate it... thx in advance
Old 06-28-2006, 10:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 520d with BMW Night Vision, Adaptive Bi-Xenon, Adaptive Cruise Control, Pro Logic 7, Pro Nav with DVD changer and TV, Aux in for Ipod, Hella White Taillamps, Red Angel eyes, HUD, BMW Individual Backseat DVD with infrared headsets, Alp White 3, Comfort Seats with ventilation electric memory, sunroof, PDC, Alpine remap, M-Sport, Dynamic Drive, Steptronic ..... (ALL OPTIONS) (Why not get all options then buying a bigger engine?)

Yes air con automatically turn on when i start the engine.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:49 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BaranE' post='304937' date='Jun 28 2006, 11:46 PM
Yes air con automatically turn on when i start the engine.
no ways to stop that ? Thats bad for engine isnt it ?
Old 06-28-2006, 10:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 520d with BMW Night Vision, Adaptive Bi-Xenon, Adaptive Cruise Control, Pro Logic 7, Pro Nav with DVD changer and TV, Aux in for Ipod, Hella White Taillamps, Red Angel eyes, HUD, BMW Individual Backseat DVD with infrared headsets, Alp White 3, Comfort Seats with ventilation electric memory, sunroof, PDC, Alpine remap, M-Sport, Dynamic Drive, Steptronic ..... (ALL OPTIONS) (Why not get all options then buying a bigger engine?)

I dont know but seems normal cause everytime you turn off engine with audio on next time it turns on itself when you ignate it seems to memorise all settings before turning off the engine
Old 06-28-2006, 10:58 PM
Senior Members

i will try to address from my point of view.

Originally Posted by Microstar' post='304926' date='Jun 29 2006, 02:12 AM
I hope you guys can forgive me for asking lots of questions...cuz i am still green and starting to get addicted to cars and mods..
Hopefully someone can answer these

1. Do you guys have your aircon on automatically everytime u start your car ?
NO

Well i do and i sure do not want that to happen...anyways to set it to off everytime i ignite engine ? Tried asking these a while back no one answers...

AFAIK if the aircon is off when the igniton is switch off ,the aircon will not go when you restart. in other words turn off the aircon before killing the engine.

2. I am thinking of getting tints for my glass..when they say 30% tint...do they mean 70% of light can pass thru or 30% of light can pass thru ?

30% pass, the lower the number the darker it gets. depending on your location there are legal limits to how dark the windows can go, there are also different restrictions on tints from front to back.

Ermm..and what brands would be considered good ? A ranking order of them would be great ...I am kind of looking at Huper Optik and Formula One...wondering am i looking at the right ones ?

it does not matter, what you need to look into for tinting are:
#1 if the tints are custom laser cut, smooth and to the edge.
#2 warranty, as they are bound to peel or rip one time or the other, either by someone's nails or their shopping.

3. AIB headlights...they have ~0.3 more amp than oems...will they affect anything ?
Probably not.

And there's this FM issue...i believe going on even though i have no idea whats the relation here...any fixes yet ?
What is an FM issue? you mean the radio? mines fine. AM on the other hand is much more tempremental, but dont know if its BMW's fault.

And how can i make sure i get consistent brightness in both bulbs since i am considering to order soon?

Faith.

THE STOCK XENONS ARE ABSOLUTELY PERFECT.DONT TOUCH DONT CHANGE NO NOTHING!

4. PIAA foglights...H4 Xtreme white plus 4170K or 4700K...i see a variation being used here...whats the best to pair with AIB and why ?

Higher the k (colour temperature) the more daylight (5200k) it approaches, the whiter it is.
go for the higher number. 4700k.

One thing comes to mind, no matter how well / better aftermarket bulbs claims to be, brightness/whiteness/longevity/coverage/range etc etc.
THEY NEVER LAST.
the annoying thing is when one goes, its either difficult to find another to match or when you do, they don't look the same, cause the 'old' bulb already has milage burnt into them making them different to the 'new' bulb.

the more you change /alter the lights on a bmw the more 'rice' it gets. its a bad thing.

5. I plan to install quad exhaust in my 07' 550i...i have researched a bit and kind of looking at two brands now...Eisenmann and Supersprint...any views on them or any other better brands i have missed out ?

By only adding a quad exhaust setup to 550i is a purely cosmetic upgrade, sometimes it might defeat the purpose of going faster as back pressure is reduced.
if the 4 pipe look turns you on,then go for it. i'll go for the look of the tip chrome/fat and round/oval and use your ears. Get the loudest most deafening one.

Oh and btw...is supersprint made by hamann ? I sure wan something mean !

Google it.

Perhaps you should look into a mod chip and programming upgrade while at it. then the car will fly in stealth mode.

When installing the pipes, ensure sufficient clearence of the tips off the bumper cutouts, the hot gas over time can discolour and wrinkle the openings.
i see many pipes kiss S, sad sad sad.
....i am unsure if the M5 rear bumper will fit a 550i....
to even out the look, M rear spoiler is a must have.

If any kind soul would answer my questions...i would certainly appreciate it... thx in advance

hope it helps. my2?.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:05 PM
Members

Originally Posted by rollee' post='304941' date='Jun 28 2006, 11:58 PM
i will try to address from my point of view.
hope it helps. my2?.
Thank u !!!
And yes i off my aircon before killing the engine..all the times...yet they come on all the time i ignite it...zzz

hmm still dun get wad u mean by back pressured reduced though...apparently for quad exhaust for e60...eisenmann only has 4x76 mm (Round) to offer...is there anything wrong with oem bumpers ? i am still looking at some aftermarket bumpers...since all the dealers i've went to want to kill me with their pricings on m aero kit...
Old 06-28-2006, 11:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i White/Black, SMG, Sports Pkg, Comfort Access, Nav, HUD, Satellite Radio, Anthracite Maple Trim 2006 X5 3.0, Black/Black, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Headlight, NAV, Rear Climate Pkg, Anthracite Trim

I can try to answer your dual exhaust question. First if you want a true dual exhaust there's RDS which sells a true dual exhaust system. But I've heard they cost an arm and a leg. If you just want a dummy pipe on the rightside then you can either go with Eisenmann quad or Hamann quad exhaust system. I believe Hamann which is made by Supersprint is not as loud as Eisenmann Race quads but not to sure about that can anybody confirm that? Here are some pics of the Eisenmann Race quad exhaust.
Attached Thumbnails Questions Questions Questions !!!-eisenmann_e60.jpg   Questions Questions Questions !!!-eurorev_mkit_rear.jpg   Questions Questions Questions !!!-e60_eisenmann_dual.jpg   Questions Questions Questions !!!-e60_eisenamnn_dual_3.jpg   Questions Questions Questions !!!-e60_eisenmann_dual2.jpg  

Old 06-28-2006, 11:17 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Microstar' post='304944' date='Jun 29 2006, 03:05 AM
Thank u !!!
And yes i off my aircon before killing the engine..all the times...yet they come on all the time i ignite it...zzz

You might need to take it in, perhaps a software issue.
the radio/CD and aircon memory thing only works if the driver restarts within 20minutes or before the car goes to sleep.
Try this one day, sit inside the car after you switched it off, about 20 minutes later you'll hear a distinct 'click' , the car goes to sleep then.

hmm still dun get wad u mean by back pressured reduced though...apparently for quad exhaust for e60...eisenmann only has 4x76 mm (Round) to offer...

I thought supersprint makes an oval setup, maybe its for the Merc...
round is fine as long as its LOUD, thick and meaty looking.

Back pressure is created before the hot exhaust fumes reach the muffler, this pressure is essential to the pressure builtup inside the engine, thus creating an enviornment for the pistons to turn the camshaft.the higher the pressure the more efficient power is transferred.
my knowledge of this mechanical theory stops here, but it is something i learned in my early years of 'playing' with cheaper cars to get them faster. since i cannot afford anything good then.

is there anything wrong with oem bumpers ?
no, but apart from M5, they are not quad equipped.

i am still looking at some aftermarket bumpers...since all the dealers i've went to want to kill me with their pricings on m aero kit...
Bite the bullet.

Thats why i see so many lousy cutout jobs out there for modified quad exhaust systems.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:17 PM
Members

ahh sheesh its a dummy ? so the right 2 pipes are dummies ?! arrrrrr...i always thought eisenmann were true exhaust for quad...
Old 06-28-2006, 11:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i White/Black, SMG, Sports Pkg, Comfort Access, Nav, HUD, Satellite Radio, Anthracite Maple Trim 2006 X5 3.0, Black/Black, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Headlight, NAV, Rear Climate Pkg, Anthracite Trim

Originally Posted by Microstar' post='304949' date='Jun 29 2006, 12:17 AM
ahh sheesh its a dummy ? so the right 2 pipes are dummies ?! arrrrrr...i always thought eisenmann were true exhaust for quad...
Nah only RDS..

Quick Reply: Questions Questions Questions !!!