E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

OK, what's the trick to get Bosch Icons to fit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time for wiper change, bought Bosch Icons, looked them up in the book and bought the exact ones for my car but the arm and blade won't connect...

Really annoying.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Members

For anyone else about to buy Bosch Icons the "new" ones don't fit the E60 anymore even though the website and specs say they do. The new style numbers are OE22 and OE24, they do not and will not fit. The locking mechanism on the blade is too small.

Look for the 464 and 463 numbers.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by formula
For anyone else about to buy Bosch Icons the "new" ones don't fit the E60 anymore even though the website and specs say they do. The new style numbers are OE22 and OE24, they do not and will not fit. The locking mechanism on the blade is too small.
Thanks for the information - I'll have to bookmark this should I have to buy refills if I still have my e60 after the extended maintenance coverage ends next year.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:42 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Not true. I just bought the same p/n's you mentioned a few days ago and they fit perfectly. The problem is the locking receptacle on the wiper blade is shorter than OEM and if you don't pay attention the locking tab on the wiper arm will not line up correctly. You have to angle the tab so that it lines up with the slot on the wiper blade receptacle and eyeball it closely as you slide it into place. It will work.

BTW - other than the difference I mentioned earlier, the Bosh Icon blades are identical to the OEM ones.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i stock

+1, I just changed mine with the ones listed in the op's post. At first I thought they did not fit. But later found that I needed to do what the above poster did.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Members

You're sure it was OE22 and OE 24? Changing wiper blades is probably the easiest thing to do on a car besides filling up with gas. I feel really silly if this is true. I even took them back to the store and they were convinced I was wrong too and tried as well and couldn't get them on properly either. Can one of you snap a close up pic of them on and attached so I can see what went wrong?

Thanks.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i 2010 X5

You're sure it was OE22 and OE 24? Changing wiper blades is probably the easiest thing to do on a car besides filling up with gas. I feel really silly if this is true. I even took them back to the store and they were convinced I was wrong too and tried as well and couldn't get them on properly either. Can one of you snap a close up pic of them on and attached so I can see what went wrong?

Thanks.
Same problem here... OE22 and 24 do not fit.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:31 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by 5thbmw
Same problem here... OE22 and 24 do not fit.
Pay attention to how the OEM receptacle looks compared to the BOSCH one. Slowly dissassemble the OEM one and watch how it separates - then watch how the BOSH one connects. then you will see the problem and be able to put the BOSCH one's on properly.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i, Jet Black, Tan, Premium, Steptronic

Originally Posted by pukka
Pay attention to how the OEM receptacle looks compared to the BOSCH one. Slowly dissassemble the OEM one and watch how it separates - then watch how the BOSH one connects. then you will see the problem and be able to put the BOSCH one's on properly.
+1 it is a PITA the first time you do it, and you'll feel like an idiot for not being able to change the wiper blads, but OE22 and OE24 do work with our cars.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Look at the instructions and picture CAREFULLY!!! Dumbass me was trying to put it on backwards.

Quick Reply: OK, what's the trick to get Bosch Icons to fit?