E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

quad exhaust recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 04:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Default quad exhaust recommendation

Hi my car is 2006 530i sport with m5 wheels. I would like to upgrade to quad tips exhaust. I wanted to just do cutout on the opposite side of my oem bumper to accept quad tips. Please give me parts and brand name to accomplish this. Thanks
Old 02-23-2013, 03:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: F10 M-Sport
Model Year: 2014

Remus makes a nice "quad" exhaust for that model. I'm sure others will chime in with recommendations for RPI and others. I recommend getting an aftermarket quad diffuser for the rear bumber to accommodate this mod.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

I would recommend RPI, except they don't make a quad exhaust for any E60 other than the M5. Remus is a option for the quad, but honestly you can custom make a quad for the 530 for less. My old 530 had a custom quad exhaust that was about $600. The Remus for the 530 is ~$900
Old 02-23-2013, 06:05 PM
Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by sportzfan76
Remus makes a nice "quad" exhaust for that model. I'm sure others will chime in with recommendations for RPI and others. I recommend getting an aftermarket quad diffuser for the rear bumber to accommodate this mod.
Where do you get aftermarket quad diffuser. Any brand recommendation? Thanks
Old 02-23-2013, 06:32 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by elie7
Where do you get aftermarket quad diffuser. Any brand recommendation? Thanks
You can only get a quad diffuser if you have an M-Tech rear bumper. If you have the regular rear bumper you have to either get an M-Tech rear, an M-Tech rear replica (trinityautosport.com) or an M5 rear (what I did) or an M5 replica rear (I don't like how these bow up in the middle, looks cheap)
Old 02-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i 6MT

Originally Posted by pjinca
You can only get a quad diffuser if you have an M-Tech rear bumper. If you have the regular rear bumper you have to either get an M-Tech rear, an M-Tech rear replica (trinityautosport.com) or an M5 rear (what I did) or an M5 replica rear (I don't like how these bow up in the middle, looks cheap)
dare i ask how much the oem m5 rear was?
im assuming these fit a non m car, i wasnt sure if the rear fenders are flared more like the front fenders are, therefore giving you fitment issues..?
Old 02-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Bmw E60 530i 2004 Jet Black sport package on Linea Corse 19" Lc818 Saphire Black

No the oe m5 rear bumper fit well with a non-m ! It cost around 1300$ between ~350 for the replica..I have the replica M5 bumper with remus quad ! The bumper fits well and looks good ! The exhaust sound not that loud as I expected, but I thnik I haveto remove the silencer(a resonator maybe dunno how to call it) to get it louder..didn't had the time to look at it right now
Old 02-25-2013, 10:09 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bill109
dare i ask how much the oem m5 rear was?
im assuming these fit a non m car, i wasnt sure if the rear fenders are flared more like the front fenders are, therefore giving you fitment issues..?
Yes, it fits a non-M car just fine, only the front fenders are wider on the M5, the rear is identical. I bought the bumper used, was about $700, as I recall, after paint and install. The main reason I don't like the replica M5 rears is that horrible bow in the middle of the bumper on the diffuser portion, it looks terrible and it makes it look like a cheap knock off.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:29 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Bmw E60 530i 2004 Jet Black sport package on Linea Corse 19" Lc818 Saphire Black

Originally Posted by pjinca
Yes, it fits a non-M car just fine, only the front fenders are wider on the M5, the rear is identical. I bought the bumper used, was about $700, as I recall, after paint and install. The main reason I don't like the replica M5 rears is that horrible bow in the middle of the bumper on the diffuser portion, it looks terrible and it makes it look like a cheap knock off.

It depends on the bumper you get. Since the replicas are all not exactly the same, the bow that you are talking about in the middle of the diffuser portioncan be not that apparent ! Mine looks good, but there is a guy here on the forum that did put a piece of 2"x4" between the lower and higher portion of the bumper diffuser and he left it for the night, that solved the bow thing that you are talking about Pjinca !

But yeah if you can afford to go the oem route! Go for it id always better !

I went it the replica cuz I had a really good price...the front bumper, the side and the rear for 800$ shipped so I did saved a lot of money, so I was avle to buy the exhaust wich is a bit expensive ! Lol
Old 02-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tgm001
It depends on the bumper you get. Since the replicas are all not exactly the same, the bow that you are talking about in the middle of the diffuser portioncan be not that apparent ! Mine looks good, but there is a guy here on the forum that did put a piece of 2"x4" between the lower and higher portion of the bumper diffuser and he left it for the night, that solved the bow thing that you are talking about Pjinca !

But yeah if you can afford to go the oem route! Go for it id always better !

I went it the replica cuz I had a really good price...the front bumper, the side and the rear for 800$ shipped so I did saved a lot of money, so I was avle to buy the exhaust wich is a bit expensive ! Lol
I agree, OEM is ridiculously expensive new, if I hadn't gotten a deal from a friend for the OEM one I probably would have gone with OEM M-tech rear with a quad diffuser. I wasn't about to pay the $1300+ then pay for paint and bodywork (my old 530 didn't have PDC, and every M5 has it) for just a bumper. In my case it was opportunity and cash came together to make it feasible.

Quick Reply: quad exhaust recommendation