E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Pre-Lci Bi-xenon to Pre-Lci Adaptive Bi-xenon retrofit help

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 03:23 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by fgin
the second link shows how to code after the VO changes. But I think you need to have an account to see it on the forum. I think I get that part now.

My new headlights I believe are bi-xenons. So the LM from the donor car (same as the bi-xenons donor) might just work without any coding or even VO changes as the VO on that LM will already have bi-xenons with AHL coded. Unless it throws some other error due to wrong VIN# or VO mis-match with CAS or something like that. The 2 cars are almost the same apart from the donor had bixenon AHLs instead of xenon non-AHL in my car. Also the donor has CCC and mine has MASK. Everything else is the same. What do you think ? need VO change and coding ?
If its not needed then all I need is to plug the donor LM and swap the wires on the LM as per diagram to send the correct signals to the AHL modules on the headlights.
The coding is the easy part and I do believe you would need to do it as you need to change the year of production as the car would expect the signal from different module, but I'm not expert, you will see
Old 06-22-2017, 04:25 AM
Members

My Ride: car has 6 wheels
Model Year: 2002

ok thanks will report back soon.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:59 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2007 bmw 530xi

Hi,I am new at this forum and I apologize in front for the question I will post ,I have a 2007 bmw 530xi with bi xenon adaptive headlights and would like to replaced with 2009 bmw m5 lci headlights,can be done without changing the taillights.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:05 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2007 bmw 530xi

Fabrication date is 12/2006
Old 10-30-2018, 04:44 AM
New Members

My Ride: e60

I need help please
i have pre lci e60 and change front headlights and rear to lci and change Lm1 to Lm2 , the angel eyes switched off and I try everyyhing still off ,I read I must be add vo +mueb on cas and Lm2 and it will work ,is it wright or there is something els ??
Old 11-01-2018, 04:37 AM
Members

My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19

Originally Posted by oxii13
Hi,I am new at this forum and I apologize in front for the question I will post ,I have a 2007 bmw 530xi with bi xenon adaptive headlights and would like to replaced with 2009 bmw m5 lci headlights,can be done without changing the taillights.

yes, you can
Old 11-01-2018, 04:39 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Mohamed Radwan
I need help please
i have pre lci e60 and change front headlights and rear to lci and change Lm1 to Lm2 , the angel eyes switched off and I try everyyhing still off ,I read I must be add vo +mueb on cas and Lm2 and it will work ,is it wright or there is something els ??
what year is your car? production date?

If I remember correctly, you have to run extra cable and change some pins in the LM connector for the AE
Old 02-12-2020, 01:23 AM
New Members

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
My Ride: 535d M Sport

***Disconnect Negative Battery terminal, and prior to shutting the Boot Lid ensure your key works in the lock and you can open and close it with the key. keep the bonnet open and the doors unlocked prior to disconnecting the battery incase your key does not open the Boot or for later models you may not have a key lock**

There are different wiring diagrams and have different Light Control Module Pin outs going from the Headlight to the Light Control Module.

Adaptive Headlights prior to 03/2005 had an independent AHL Module Known as A214 on WDS and TIS. When you go to retrofit Adaptive Lights you will need to get a Light Control Module with AHL, as this is the best route.

From Xenons to Adaptive Headlights prior 2005 is an example I will use for this write up. I used an LCM 2 with AHL

There are 2 Plugs on each headlight one is a 4 Pin (X1034, Left Headlight) and the other is 8 Pin (X13420, Left Headlight) If you have Xenon Headlights already you do not need to modify anything on the headlight side.

Left Headlight
As Above you need to ground Pin 1 from the X1034 (Left) Pin 1 X1035 (Right).
Pin 1 from Pin 38 to Ground (Ground Point, crimp a wire to this wire and ground it to the 8mm Nut which you removed to take the LCM out)
Pin 2 from Pin 59 to Pin 37
Pin 4 from Pin 76 remove and insulate
Pin 3 from Pin 21.to Pin 76

Right Headlight
Pin 1 from 37 to ground
Pin 2 from Pin 58 to Pin 38
Pin 4 from Pin 75 Insulate this
Pin 3 from Pin 20 to Pin 75

You need PT CAN High and PT CAN Low Signals Blue/Red and Red
To Pin 71 and 72

You will have to splice or find a spliced connection which is hidden within Harness all around the car. I used the Junction which is located close to the LCM location, and the Dynamic Drive A148a Module uses this for its PT CAN H and PT CAN L. In the diagram below:-

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...dapter/l4MpFEr
The Pin Out on TIS and WDS is incorrect for AHL LCM from 03/2005 to 2007, It does not specify Pin 71 and Pin 72, however the Wiring Diagram for LCM in this date range is correct. Have a look at the Diagram in the Link:-

Pin 71 and Pin 72 are required for Adaptive Headlights.
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...module/gIu9ust

X10548
X10549

When coding the Car in NCS Expert Add $524 into the VO first and foremost and remove the Production date, it will look something like this #0404. Add #0305.

And then go to the LMA ECU and read the ECU.

Open the Trace File from NCS Dummy, and then you have to do a search for AHL and there will be a setting which will read 'AHL Unit installed' set this to non active.
Enable the Adaptive Headlights in NCS and then code it.

Any questions I will be happy to help. I will help anyone

Last edited by smartshah; 02-25-2020 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Mistake
Old 02-12-2020, 07:00 AM
New Members

Running the Extra cable for the Parking Lights? That is what they are known as in the Pin Out. I think there is an issue with the LCM2's. the software requires updating. But i can be wrong.
Old 02-17-2020, 01:00 AM
New Members

An update for everyone else.
Pre upgrade the car is a 2005 Pre LCI Bi Xenons.
Retrofitted rear LCI lights upgraded to LM2 coded Welcome Lights.
Headlights required replacing thought of going down the Adaptive route, got Pre LCI Adaptive Headlights.

- You need to do the PIN Swaps as mentioned above, along with the PT CAN H and PT CAN L. These are a must. Adaptive Lights working.
- However angel eyes are not working.
- The issue is with the coding, as I played around with the coding for the Rear LCI Ricky Brake Effect.

- I will crosscheck Madein Trace file which he uploaded to another forum with mine.

Adaptive Headlights work, welcome lights, DRL lights work. But Angel Eyes do not work at all. I thought it may be a faulty LM2 it is not. The Pins are the same as Bi Xenons on the main plug.

**UPDATE**.

Resolved this:- Moved the Black/Brown wire which was in Pin 40 to Pin 10. Moved the Pin 11 wire to Pin 40. And then moved Pin 2 to Pin 1. These are sidelights (eyebrows).
Also i had the AHL 2 coded in NCS Expert MAN file. This coding makes the right driver side light point way to the right. I believe this is for the Left Hand Drive. So i set this to inactive. Now the Lights both point forward.

Angel Eyes are working as DRLs. All this coding and wire swaps. It just goes to say that the LM2 is not a straight forward swap. Madein your posts helped alot.

Last edited by smartshah; 02-23-2020 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Update

Quick Reply: Pre-Lci Bi-xenon to Pre-Lci Adaptive Bi-xenon retrofit help