Pre-Lci Bi-xenon to Pre-Lci Adaptive Bi-xenon retrofit help - Page 2 - 5Series.net - Forums

Go Back  5Series.net - Forums > E60 5 Series (2004 - 2010) > E60 Parts, Accessories and Mods
Reload this Page >

Pre-Lci Bi-xenon to Pre-Lci Adaptive Bi-xenon retrofit help

E60 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Pre-Lci Bi-xenon to Pre-Lci Adaptive Bi-xenon retrofit help

Old 06-22-2017, 04:23 AM
Members

My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by fgin View Post
the second link shows how to code after the VO changes. But I think you need to have an account to see it on the forum. I think I get that part now.

My new headlights I believe are bi-xenons. So the LM from the donor car (same as the bi-xenons donor) might just work without any coding or even VO changes as the VO on that LM will already have bi-xenons with AHL coded. Unless it throws some other error due to wrong VIN# or VO mis-match with CAS or something like that. The 2 cars are almost the same apart from the donor had bixenon AHLs instead of xenon non-AHL in my car. Also the donor has CCC and mine has MASK. Everything else is the same. What do you think ? need VO change and coding ?
If its not needed then all I need is to plug the donor LM and swap the wires on the LM as per diagram to send the correct signals to the AHL modules on the headlights.
The coding is the easy part and I do believe you would need to do it as you need to change the year of production as the car would expect the signal from different module, but I'm not expert, you will see
Old 06-22-2017, 05:25 AM
Members

My Ride: car has 6 wheels
Model Year: 2002

ok thanks will report back soon.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:59 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2007 bmw 530xi

Hi,I am new at this forum and I apologize in front for the question I will post ,I have a 2007 bmw 530xi with bi xenon adaptive headlights and would like to replaced with 2009 bmw m5 lci headlights,can be done without changing the taillights.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:05 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2007 bmw 530xi

Fabrication date is 12/2006
Old 10-30-2018, 05:44 AM
New Members

My Ride: e60

I need help please
i have pre lci e60 and change front headlights and rear to lci and change Lm1 to Lm2 , the angel eyes switched off and I try everyyhing still off ,I read I must be add vo +mueb on cas and Lm2 and it will work ,is it wright or there is something els ??
Old 11-01-2018, 05:37 AM
Members

My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19

Originally Posted by oxii13 View Post
Hi,I am new at this forum and I apologize in front for the question I will post ,I have a 2007 bmw 530xi with bi xenon adaptive headlights and would like to replaced with 2009 bmw m5 lci headlights,can be done without changing the taillights.

yes, you can
Old 11-01-2018, 05:39 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Mohamed Radwan View Post
I need help please
i have pre lci e60 and change front headlights and rear to lci and change Lm1 to Lm2 , the angel eyes switched off and I try everyyhing still off ,I read I must be add vo +mueb on cas and Lm2 and it will work ,is it wright or there is something els ??
what year is your car? production date?

If I remember correctly, you have to run extra cable and change some pins in the LM connector for the AE

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.