E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Philips Superslim 55w 6000k HID Xenon Canbus conversion full kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 10:29 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530Xi
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by wrx5
I tried that. Unfortunately same result.
Usually, if the aftermarket HID installed on the BMW w/o resistors pack nor Canbus set, it will flickering (hyper flashing) like crazy but does not turn off. When that's happened, you can turn the lights on before starting the car, then it would work fine. In you case, I don't know what to tell you. It could be a defective set. Have you check to see if your wires connect properly? Hot to Hot? Ground to Ground? Reversed polarity can shorted out the Resistor (error cancel) packs.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:30 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 BMW 528XI, 1954 Oldsmobile Super 88 324cui
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by wrx5
Strange part is that it works everytime when I start the engine duration of 3 seconds only.

If I buy a error canceller would it solve the problem?
Yes. That's what a capacitor is. I'm just not familiar with the units you bought.

Contact the manufacturer see what they have to say. Do you get an error code in the car when you turn it on/lights or the car?
Old 01-27-2015, 01:33 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2009 530i E60 LCI

Originally Posted by Canada22
Yes. That's what a capacitor is. I'm just not familiar with the units you bought.

Contact the manufacturer see what they have to say. Do you get an error code in the car when you turn it on/lights or the car?
Yes, there is an error on the screen.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:38 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by quanger
Usually, if the aftermarket HID installed on the BMW w/o resistors pack nor Canbus set, it will flickering (hyper flashing) like crazy but does not turn off. When that's happened, you can turn the lights on before starting the car, then it would work fine. In you case, I don't know what to tell you. It could be a defective set. Have you check to see if your wires connect properly? Hot to Hot? Ground to Ground? Reversed polarity can shorted out the Resistor (error cancel) packs.
Almost all cables have one way plug. There is one pair which comes from ballast and goes to power source socket on the car. That cable doesn't have a plug. It has blue/black cable pair. Car power source socket has red/black cable. Basically this is the connect ballast to the incoming power from the car.

When blue (for ballast) goes to red (for car source) and black (for ballast) goes to black (for car source) ---> nothing works - Error on the screen

When blue (for ballast) goes to black (for car source) and black (for ballast) goes to red (for car source) ---> Only works for 3 seconds. Error on the screen.

I tried to explain it in the attached picture as well.
Attached Thumbnails Philips Superslim 55w 6000k HID Xenon Canbus conversion full kit-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by wrx5; 01-27-2015 at 01:53 PM. Reason: typo + attachment
Old 01-27-2015, 03:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d

Dude did you get your cable working? Your 55w kit may not work as they're too powerful. Don't switch them on more than 7 times in a row if they keep tripping out - make sure you slip the halogen bulbS back in after every 7th attempt.

If you have the software there may be a few things you could try.

Last edited by sanjsanj; 01-28-2015 at 07:44 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:22 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by sanjsanj
Dude did you get your cable working? Your 55w kit is HIGHLY unlikely to work, they're too powerful. Don't switch them on more than 7 times in a row if they keep tripping out - make sure you slip the halogen bulbS back in after every 7th attempt.

If you have the software there may be a few things you could try.
No still not working.

What's the trick with 7 attempts?

What do you mean by "they're too powerful"? Current halogens are 55w as well.

I have the cable and getting software setup ready. What can we do in software?
Old 01-27-2015, 05:54 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 BMW 528XI, 1954 Oldsmobile Super 88 324cui
Model Year: 2010

This guy is full of crap.

Get the error cancellers they're 10$ for a pair on ddmtuning.com

Last edited by Canada22; 01-28-2015 at 06:14 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:07 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by Canada22
That guy is full of crap.

Get the error cancellers they're 10$ for a pair on ddmtuning.com
which guy?
Old 01-27-2015, 06:41 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 530Xi
Model Year: 2006

55w works for me and I have Xenon. You did mention that yours are canbus, and I do see that the set have the resistor packs. Which is the one goes between the car connector and the ballast. The one that is between the bulb and the ballast is the igniter. You might have fried the resistor packs, does not take much, just a few second and it's gone if you have a reversed polarity connection. Send them back, get a refund, order the DDM set that Canada was mentioned above and get a separate set of error cancel packs. Or get the VVME, I am currently have on my car. Why waste money on Canbus set since you can get a regular set with the error cancelation
Old 01-27-2015, 07:01 PM
New Members

I do see that the set have the resistor packs
I have confirmed this today as well that this kit has the resistor packs. So 100% competible with our BMWs.

You might have fried the resistor packs, does not take much, just a few second and it's gone if you have a reversed polarity connection
How do you think this can happen? Or what did I do wrong? Seller will replace the kit with a new one this afternoon. So I don't want to repeat the same mistake on the new kit.

The only thing I remember that I was switching + - (blue/black) cables. However, I have done this only on one of the ballasts. I used the correct combination on the other ballast. So if this caused the issue, at least one of them should work.

Quick Reply: Philips Superslim 55w 6000k HID Xenon Canbus conversion full kit