E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Old ccc system vs cic system

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 06:31 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60 528 2010
Default Old ccc system vs cic system

hey guys i just got my 2010 528i and after researchs i noticed that my car has the ccc idrive system and not the cic, but i do have the cic controller, and i dont have the navigation system its replaced by car data. Did i mention the screen is the small one? So any help please? I would like to know whats the differences between these two systems and if i ever wanted to change it would it cause any damage to the car? Thanks!!
Old 09-10-2017, 09:04 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

wont damage the car. there are tons of threads out there documenting CCC to CIC iDrive swaps. I have CCC in my E60 and CIC in my E90, and I can tell you CIC is miles ahead of CCC.

having said that, if you were going to do anything I would just integrate some sort of mirroring device on your iDrive and just plug an iPhone into it. anything iDrive can do an up to date iphone or android phone can do better, faster, and cheaper.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:06 AM
New Members

My Ride: e60 528 2010

Originally Posted by KyleB
wont damage the car. there are tons of threads out there documenting CCC to CIC iDrive swaps. I have CCC in my E60 and CIC in my E90, and I can tell you CIC is miles ahead of CCC.

having said that, if you were going to do anything I would just integrate some sort of mirroring device on your iDrive and just plug an iPhone into it. anything iDrive can do an up to date iphone or android phone can do better, faster, and cheaper.
how can i mirror my device on my idrive screen? And thanks for the reply
Old 10-16-2017, 01:47 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2009 535i Sport
Model Year: 2009
Engine: N54

yeah, the CIC retrofit into an E60 just isn't worth it - it wasn't 5 years ago when the cars were worth 3X as much, and is even less worth it now. It's a few thousand dollars in hardware alone, and a PITA to tear out the dash, make sure you got all the right part #'s (and all parts have several possible part numbers based on year/model), code all the new hardware (which requires finding/downloading coding software, and hope you don't have windows XP or it won't work), then troubleshooting, etc.
I suggest you learn to live with CCC and use phone for everything you can.

No input on the mirroring, sounds like it might be worth it ... but if you can't integrate the idrive knob, steering wheel controls, etc. it sounds like a step backwards.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 535
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by LessIsMore
yeah, the CIC retrofit into an E60 just isn't worth it - it wasn't 5 years ago when the cars were worth 3X as much, and is even less worth it now. It's a few thousand dollars in hardware alone, and a PITA to tear out the dash, make sure you got all the right part #'s (and all parts have several possible part numbers based on year/model), code all the new hardware (which requires finding/downloading coding software, and hope you don't have windows XP or it won't work), then troubleshooting, etc.
I suggest you learn to live with CCC and use phone for everything you can.

No input on the mirroring, sounds like it might be worth it ... but if you can't integrate the idrive knob, steering wheel controls, etc. it sounds like a step backwards.
I did the full retrofit, iDrive controller and trim included + a combox retrofit, for <$1k all said and done.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:13 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by fares1212
how can i mirror my device on my idrive screen? And thanks for the reply
https://www.bimmer-tech.net/

https://www.modmynav.com/

I have no relation with either, but both are pretty popular with the BMW crowd. Good luck.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:14 AM
New Members

My Ride: ,retro sport button,comfort seats,m5 front and rear swaybars,pullbars,550 brakes kit with slotted and drilled rotors,upper strut brace,lower 2pt brace,3im,power box,m5 eom wheels,m5 rep bumper and skirts.
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by terraphantm
I did the full retrofit, iDrive controller and trim included + a combox retrofit, for <$1k all said and done.
Does the cic incoperate the same oem connections used for the ccc? I have the ccc out of my 08 with all the harness and going to install it , but if the cic utilizes the same wiring, I'll look into the cic.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:09 PM
Members

My Ride: 535
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by JuniorB
Does the cic incoperate the same oem connections used for the ccc? I have the ccc out of my 08 with all the harness and going to install it , but if the cic utilizes the same wiring, I'll look into the cic.
If you have the Logic 7 sound system, it's mostly the same. You'd have to change the power connector for the display and run a new video cable (easy). And you'd have to add 1 wire to headunit harness for the backlighting to work. If you don't have the logic 7, the speakers are apparently wired differently - I don't know the details there.

If you want to use the CIC controller (I would recommend doing so), you'd need the newer trim and you'd have to repin the existing connector slightly.

CCC cars are also missing the ethernet wiring, but that doesn't seem to be used for anything important, so you can leave that out (otherwise it's 5 wires to the OBDII port).
Old 11-08-2017, 05:26 AM
New Members

My Ride: ,retro sport button,comfort seats,m5 front and rear swaybars,pullbars,550 brakes kit with slotted and drilled rotors,upper strut brace,lower 2pt brace,3im,power box,m5 eom wheels,m5 rep bumper and skirts.

I'm going to be running all the OEM wires and fiber optic cables from the CCC to the rear, along with for sirus and hd radio. It was an early 08 so it has the old style. I'm only running it cause it came in the car. I have all of the lci part to do this. Still determining if I want to run the speaker wires for logic 7, it's going to be work.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:04 AM
New Members

I'm going to be running all the OEM wires and fiber optic cables from the CCC to the rear, along with for sirus and hd radio. It was an early 08 so it has the old style. I'm only running it cause it came in the car. I have all of the lci part to do this. Still determining if I want to run the speaker wires for logic 7, it's going to be work.