E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

OBD on iDrive

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 05:26 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60
Default Active backrest Auto on at starting up the car

Hi No Quarter,

Sorry to revive this old thread but sincerely need your guide on some active backrest issues.

I have managed to retrofitted a pair of front passenger and driver M5 seat here in singapore recently . However my problem is i need to turn the active backrest function on each time i started my car which i feel is very annoying.

May i know how is the onocess to do it , is via ncs coding or self customize the module setting via own computer like what u did ? i had tried to find out with my installer here but no luck as they could not find any coding to do this .

Appreciate your any input to help me on this many thanks !

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
Another update:

Short video shows

- Starting up the car and start up preferences automatically enable the Active Backrest in normal mode
- Pressing the miDrive button (diamond) sets Active Backrest to Sport mode, transmission to Sport mode, and changes the screen selection in miDrive to Sport mode
- Pressing the star button switches the video to display miDrive
- Examin the various screens and OBD values being displayed

OBD values are ultimately pretty useless but that is what I have at the moment. Will be switching to raw canbus readings but that is a lot of work so results will be slow.

** Can anyone tell me the right way to post videos?

Video