E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Notes on a 2009 535i HiFi to MS-8 install

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 05:23 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i xdrive
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by elie7
I bought a JBL MS-8 and I need to buy the three harnesses that is used for this installation (Quadralock, extension and AMP harnesses). How and where do I get them?

contact Technic or search for used parts.

Enhanced Premium Sound/Logic7 Plug 'n Play Trunk Subwoofer Harness - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums
Old 03-24-2017, 01:17 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 (LCI) M sport, Lane departure, Bluetooth, Xenons.
Model Year: 2008
Engine: M57

Hi is there a way of adding the central speaker even if I have a basic head unit (no amp in trunk) and originally only had 6 speakers in my car? I'd love to get a juice for the speaker from somewhere without disturbing the L - R balance. I may be naive to think that it's doable, but you guys seem like you know a trick or two about it so here I am asking a dumb question
Old 03-24-2017, 01:21 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 (LCI) M sport, Lane departure, Bluetooth, Xenons.
Model Year: 2008
Engine: M57

Originally Posted by Technic
Plug MS-8 to input/output M-ASK extension cables (front, center and rear speakers) and to OEM amp input and output underseat woofers signals (cables pre-terminated for PnP):

Notes:

1) MS-8 uses the 12V and ground connections from the OEM amp via the PnP harness. The OEM amp 12V is a 40A fused OEM line; the MS-8 is double-fused at 25A. No whine, no noises.

2) Result: quite an inprovement in clarity, front stage focus, bass impact and overall loudness despite the OEM speakers. This should not be any secret or magic: power was increased from 25W x 4/40W x 2 to 60W max x 7, adjustments went from just bass/treble to bass/mid/treble, sub and center level, Logic7, and 31-band EQ while the M-ASK outputs EQ curve flattened. So there are enough possible adjustments to get a relatively louder and clearer sound than OEM. The addition of the DLS 424 center channel and particularly the Logic7 processing created a higher, adjustable (driver/passenger/front focused) and just better front stage that was not there before.

Customer was very happy with the result, so I was happy...
Hi is there a way of adding the central speaker even if I have a basic head unit (no amp in trunk) and originally only had 6 speakers in my car? I'd love to get a juice for the speaker from somewhere without disturbing the L - R balance. I may be naive to think that it's doable, but you guys seem like you know a trick or two about it so here I am asking this prob. dumb question. Another thing is that if I amplify the signal from basic HU I'd amplify all dongs and beeps as well so parking beep could make my ears bleed (depending on the volume) or am I wrong? Please enlighten me. Thanks a lot!
Old 09-27-2023, 11:16 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 E60 535i Sportline, 20" wheels, soon-to-be custom stereo

I'm sorry to revive an old thread; I got my 2010 535i last September (2022) I've installed a 10.25" Android screen in place of my 6.5-inch factory screen, and I have a pair of subs running free-air off a Kicker 800.1... I had to cut the pass-through as I have the solid-backed seats

I have the HiFi system, (Woofer amp and 8 speakers in the cabin powered by the head unit)

I have a few questions...
1. for someone trying to do all this now, what current equipment is available to achieve what the MS8 and CleanSweep did years ago? I don't necessarily need a center channel if I can get the time alignment done in the DSP

2. I want to add power to my cabin speakers and possibly DSP, but definitely more adjustability, what are my choices without having to re-run ALL of the speaker wires?

3. I've already tapped into the woofer amp to provide a signal to an amp in the trunk, but is the signal for the underseat woofers bandpassed from 30-500Hz or is it low-passed (or full range)? (I want to make sure my subs are playing as low as flat as possible)

Old 10-09-2023, 06:32 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530Xi Touring

Originally Posted by Dark Vader
I'm sorry to revive an old thread; I got my 2010 535i last September (2022) I've installed a 10.25" Android screen in place of my 6.5-inch factory screen
Sounds like you got the same "Pop-Out" Android screen that I got! How is it working for you? For the most part, mine is working great... EXCEPT that sometimes it doesn't want to connect via BT and will cycle over and over and over without ever connecting. When this happens, it doesn't matter if I force my screen to reboot or try rebooting my phone. Only seems to reset if I turn off the ignition and restart the car but MUCH later as I've noticed that this issue happens more often if I go for quick trips and stop the car for less than 30 minutes. However, it has acted up even after I was away for over 1 hour, but that's very rarely happened as it's always the 10 minute quick stop and go that messes it up.
Old 10-31-2023, 05:59 PM
New Members

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: 535xi Wagon
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by Dark Vader
I'm sorry to revive an old thread; I got my 2010 535i last September (2022) I've installed a 10.25" Android screen in place of my 6.5-inch factory screen, and I have a pair of subs running free-air off a Kicker 800.1... I had to cut the pass-through as I have the solid-backed seats

I have the HiFi system, (Woofer amp and 8 speakers in the cabin powered by the head unit)

I have a few questions...
1. for someone trying to do all this now, what current equipment is available to achieve what the MS8 and CleanSweep did years ago? I don't necessarily need a center channel if I can get the time alignment done in the DSP

2. I want to add power to my cabin speakers and possibly DSP, but definitely more adjustability, what are my choices without having to re-run ALL of the speaker wires?

3. I've already tapped into the woofer amp to provide a signal to an amp in the trunk, but is the signal for the underseat woofers bandpassed from 30-500Hz or is it low-passed (or full range)? (I want to make sure my subs are playing as low as flat as possible)
This is what you're looking for. - Audiotec-fischer MATCH UP 7BMW

Also if you really want to get into the rabbit hole this is a great thread to read and will apply to your car.

Audiotec Match UP 10DSP Amp as PnP Upgrade Solution For HK Equipped Cars?