E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

not bad for pre-lci halogen

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by black360
http://www.ddmtuning...10-168-LED-Bulb i got these ones 3W CREE bulb, i will keep you guys updated to let you know if it gets to hot, or burns out quickly... for now i love it
Nice find, didn't realize they made them in that application now. Which means that people that are interested in getting their side marker to be brighter can now get these as well. So even if you black out your side markers, they should still be plenty visible.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:16 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/HP...0-168-LED-Bulb i got these ones 3W CREE bulb, i will keep you guys updated to let you know if it gets to hot, or burns out quickly... for now i love it
Nice bulbs, but these will properly fail over time, You need a minimum of a 30x30mm heatsink.
You need a lot bigger heatsink to cool a 3w LED, they are fine for reverse lights, but not on all the time.
I have tried a lot of LED bulb and some litteraly fall apart over time because of the heat.

Try this: set power to the bulb, hold it in hand (bulb still on) if you are NOT able to hold it an infinite amount of time, then it is getting to hot.
This only works with LEDs, a halogen bulb is a different matter.

If you are able to code your car via NCSExpert, then there is an option to turn of the outer bulbs if the low-beams are on.
This will help the LED not overheat, because the low-beam halogens are very hot. And you canīt really see the outer ring if the low-beam are on anyway.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Nice find, didn't realize they made them in that application now. Which means that people that are interested in getting their side marker to be brighter can now get these as well. So even if you black out your side markers, they should still be plenty visible.

yes very true, I'm sure the 2W one's are bright also but i saw the 3W cree and couldn't pass them up lol

Originally Posted by mporange
Nice bulbs, but these will properly fail over time, You need a minimum of a 30x30mm heatsink.
You need a lot bigger heatsink to cool a 3w LED, they are fine for reverse lights, but not on all the time.
I have tried a lot of LED bulb and some litteraly fall apart over time because of the heat.

Try this: set power to the bulb, hold it in hand (bulb still on) if you are NOT able to hold it an infinite amount of time, then it is getting to hot.
This only works with LEDs, a halogen bulb is a different matter.

If you are able to code your car via NCSExpert, then there is an option to turn of the outer bulbs if the low-beams are on.
This will help the LED not overheat, because the low-beam halogens are very hot. And you canīt really see the outer ring if the low-beam are on anyway.

i agree 100% i figured id buy em just to try em at least, most of the time i drive with just my fogs and parking lights on anyway so the low beam isn't a concern that much , unless I'm on backroads. Passed a few cops and they seem to not think anything of it hahaha but can you let me know where to do that code. I am into coding and have NCSExpert and INPA but wasn't aware of that !
Old 02-24-2012, 06:02 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 525i xenons, premium package, non-nav

Black360 exactly which hid kit for your fogs did you purchase from ddm? I'm looking at getting 6000k kit just like you but not sure between 35w and 55w kit? And did u purchase the error cancellors?
Old 02-24-2012, 03:35 PM
Members

Originally Posted by TJBentley
Black360 exactly which hid kit for your fogs did you purchase from ddm? I'm looking at getting 6000k kit just like you but not sure between 35w and 55w kit? And did u purchase the error cancellors?

i got 35W Slim ballast no issues whatsoever and i got the error cancelers also , even know i coded out the bulb checks on my lights i still got them for good measure and no errors on dash at all (even before i coded it) and they are 6000K they look great in person !
Old 02-24-2012, 06:40 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

There's a note somewhere in DDM site that suggest the 55w kit is not recommended inside a small space like in a fog light due to heat.

Originally Posted by TJBentley
Old 02-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Members

yes very true, I'm sure the 2W one's are bright also but i saw the 3W cree and couldn't pass them up lol

i agree 100% i figured id buy em just to try em at least, most of the time i drive with just my fogs and parking lights on anyway so the low beam isn't a concern that much , unless I'm on backroads. Passed a few cops and they seem to not think anything of it hahaha but can you let me know where to do that code. I am into coding and have NCSExpert and INPA but wasn't aware of that !

Hi, i believe itīs "PWM_ANSTEUERUNG_SL_V_AL" that should be set to "wert_02" = outer rings turns OFF when low-beams are ON.
There is a similer one for the high-beams, the inner rings, itīs just "PWM_ANSTEUERUNG_SL_V_FL",
You will find these in the LMA.

Do you have problems with the rings "strobing" or flashing when you turn the ignition on?
My inner rings are flashing and I have set all of the LMA checks to inactive. (nicht_aktive)

KALTUEBERWACHUNG_SL_V
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_SL_V
FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_SL_V

Very annoying, my lights are quite powerfull at night and it looks "cheap" with this start-up lightshow.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Members

Hi, i believe itīs "PWM_ANSTEUERUNG_SL_V_AL" that should be set to "wert_02" = outer rings turns OFF when low-beams are ON.
There is a similer one for the high-beams, the inner rings, itīs just "PWM_ANSTEUERUNG_SL_V_FL",

Do you have problems with the rings "strobing" or flashing when you turn the ignition on?
My inner rings are flashing and I have set all of the LMA checks to inactive. (nicht_aktive)

KALTUEBERWACHUNG_SL_V
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_SL_V
FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_SL_V

Very annoying, my lights are quite powerfull at night and it looks "cheap" with this start-up lightshow.
awesome thank you ! i will code that, this week! but i used to have that problem with my other cheap ebay bulbs but with the new ones i don't which Is very nice. I did exactly what you did to changed all those checks to nicht_aktive but its probably just the bulb your using
Old 02-26-2012, 02:39 PM
Members

My Ride: e60 520i '04

i have use this ones for my AE.

But within 2 weeks, the outer rings were faulty.

the outer leds will very hot. is there any solution?
Old 02-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Members

KALTUEBERWACHUNG_SL_V
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_SL_V
FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_SL_V

Coded my outer rings off and worked well , thanks for that again. now i don't gotta be so nervous about them getting so hot !

Quick Reply: not bad for pre-lci halogen