E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Non-Standard E60

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 11:52 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to take this opportunity to post some ?non-standard? E60 pictures and share with the members of this board my positive experience since my delivery of 03/30/2004. I purchased/received the car from Military European Sales fully loaded, to include the dealer installed AC Schnitzer kit. I chose not to purchase the Schnitzer mirrors due to the lose of functions with the mirrors (ground lighting, rear backing). In addition, personally I felt the rear spoilers took away from the class of the car, so I did not purchase them. However, I am currently on a waiting list to order the new M5 mirrors when they are released. I have fitted the Car with MAYA DTM 19? (8.5/10) with Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 245/40/19 front and 275/35/19 rear. The Maya & Goodyear rim/tire package is much lighter than the factory 18? 124-style/tire package. The car drives like a dream with the agility of a much smaller sports car with minimum road noise. The custom changes have really made the car look sportier without taking away from the class.
The HUD, Professional NAV and logic 7 is completely fantastic with NO capability issues; however, the car is only pre-wired for Bluetooth. Unfortunately, BMW could not get its act together in time before my delivery. The message posted on this board about the CD player not playing MP3 disk is ?correct.? My dealer informed me that his main office in Munich informed him it works; however, I?ve had no such luck. I will be taking the car back to the dealer in a few weeks to have the rear entertainment system installed into my comfort seat headrest (non-BMW solution). I will not send any more pictures until I have the M5 mirrors installed along with the rear entertainment. The car was special ordered with wood stick shift / handheld-break lever which adds to the class of the gray leather /wood interior. I also had the black bumper reflectors replaced with red inserts.
The car was a gift to my wife for our 11th Wedding Anniversary.
Perhaps, this will keep me out of the DOG House.

I?m sorry; however, I do not know how to load pictures on this board. Though I have read this board for over a year now I just became member today to post these pictures and share information. It seems as though I must have my pictures posted on another site so I can provide the URL for that site.

Can someone explain how this is done?
Old 04-03-2004, 11:57 PM
Members

another pic
Old 04-04-2004, 12:01 AM
Members

another pic
Old 04-04-2004, 12:16 AM
Members

last pic.

Sorry for the quality of the pictures.
Old 04-04-2004, 12:54 AM
Senior Members

Nice looking wheels. I also have 19" on my car and it works soo good. No comfort issues whatsoever.

One thing about rear seat entertainment installation. I was planning for thet too, but was adviced not to put anything inside the headrests of the comfort seats.

This is because they incorporate this active feature. The headrests move forward, in case of a hit from behind, to protect you from whiplash injuries.

It says in the manual not to put anything on the headrests or the back of the seat!

I opted for a portable tablet DVD ( NextBase ) , mounted in between the seats.
Works really good.

Congrats to a nice car. Best color BTW!!
Old 04-04-2004, 10:53 PM
Members

nice choice on the maya's.... based on your pictures, it doesn't look like you're from southern california...so we don't have to worry about driving around in nearly indentical cars.... by the way how much did you pay for your rims?

i agree with you about the ride...but i didn't know that the rims are actually lighter in weight than the stock 18's....hmmm....it just feels like the 20's that i have feels a bit heavier.

well enjoy!!
Attached Thumbnails Non-Standard E60-silvere60_front.jpg  
Old 04-05-2004, 12:33 AM
Members

you guys did great jobs!!! the rims look very smart and awesome.... !!! how do you think about ACS type IV 20inch?? I was told that the ACS type IV were not actually real multi-pieces, it's single piece with the multi-piece appearance...disappoiting
Old 04-05-2004, 10:36 AM
Members

Cidair,
Interested to note that you have the Nextbase tablet DVD player. I was going to order one off an internet site but had a demo of one at my local electronic store and thought the picture quality was not as good as other DVD players I had seen. Would welcome your views and would like to see a photo of the the player mounted in your car.
Mark-Yorkshire
Old 04-05-2004, 02:42 PM
Senior Members

Congrats! very nice car Mack1. How hard was to intall the front AC spoiler? How much?

Thanks..
Old 04-05-2004, 09:04 PM
Members

All thanks for the comments. I will attempt to answer the questions in the order they were posted.

Cidar,

You are correct on the comfort seat and the LCD display installation; however the BMW dealer in Germany stated they have professionally installed these displays before and will provide a warranty. The installation will cost $800 EU's not to include the parts; however, I would like to see pics of your nexbase setup.

Thanks.

T_SilverE60,

It was your pictures of the Maya's that sold me on these rims. The Maya 19" are lighter than the 124 style 18", but this is just my opinion based upon holding both sets (maya/124) in both hands. I loved your 20", but felt my wife would destroy them in Germany. The cost of each rim was under $650.00., if anyone is interested in a dealer for the rim email me and I will give you the company and sales person name. Based upon my research I got a very good price.

deedee&545i,

I've seen the ACS type IV 20inch rims and think they are nice. I personally like the deep dish look. However, I did price them and felt ACS rims are way over priced. The dealer gave me a price tag with tires of over $6500.oo dollars.
Reference, your question of real multi-pieces I will ask my local German dealer.

Don Juan,

The dealer here in Germany is registered to sale and install ACS kits. My cost with painting and installation was $1700 EU's (whatever the exchange rate is to the dollar). I also received discount due to my sales agent.

Thanks everyone for your input and comments.

Mack1

Quick Reply: Non-Standard E60