E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!
View Poll Results: New Wheel Option
Keep the current setup
16.67%
swap and refinish the new wheels w/ Polished lip and Brushed Gold centers
58.33%
Make the swap and leave them black
25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

New Wheel Test Fit. Thoughts? Forgiato Maglia 20''

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 04:55 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545 modded the F out
Default New Wheel Test Fit. Thoughts? Forgiato Maglia 20''

I've liked these wheels ever since I saw them back in 2008. I got a killer deal goin, but it doesnt come without the headaches of putting my own finishing touches on. I've strayed away from black wheels since I had my last DPE setup just because I personally think it's a played out look. Come to think of it, I've actually had about 4 different sets of black wheels. 166's, DPE's, Vertini Concaves and the F10 M5 19's. It looks nice and all, but nowadays I prefer a little bit of splash and color contrast than a big black negative space where my wheels are supposed to be.

Anyways, feel free to chime in with your thoughts and opinions. My feelings won't get hurt. If I do end up keeping them I'm most likely going to take them apart and have them finished in a similar color way as my existing setup.
these are 9.5 in the front and 11 in the rear BTW

Name:  IMG_5510_zpsefad34ea.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  68.0 KB
Name:  IMG_5516_zpse6dad94d.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  58.1 KB
Name:  IMG_5524_zpsfdcfe1c7.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  79.9 KB
Name:  IMG_5520_zpsecbdaa89.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  71.7 KB
Name:  photo_zps84ed4aa7.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  90.7 KB

Last edited by devildawg712; 05-11-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:05 PM
New Members

My Ride: 535i xdrive
Model Year: 2014

Niiiice set up man. Looking good
Old 05-11-2014, 06:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i sport 6spd Sapphire Black/Tan

I think any color with chrome lip wheels look good especially GOLD! black wheels make the car look more mean but gold wheels give out more attentions. lol I have never seen gold concave wheels on a e60 before. You might be the first. get it and paint it gold!! good luck on your choice. I love your car. It's so sexy!
Old 05-12-2014, 01:23 AM
New Members

I personally think stick with the black wheels... and get rid of the bandaid on your front bumper!

Just my two cents.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:37 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 04' 545, 6 Spd Manual, Blk Lthr, Sport Pkg, Sport Sts, Logic 7, Cold Wthr Pkg, Full L.E.D. Interior, Red Eng. Cvr, Mtech Front Bmpr, M5 Spoiler, Matte Blk Grill, Red Caps, Slttd & Drlld Rotors, 20
Model Year: 2004

I like the wheels... I would refinish with polished lip and leave the black face. Obviously from your old set up Gold will work (looked sick), Im just a big fan of black with polished lip. +2 on the bandaid removal definitely not feeling that.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:19 AM
Members

My Ride: remapped & modded E60 525d
Model Year: 2006

Looks so much better with the forgiato, I would definitely keep them even without repainting them.

The concavity and the great design of them completes the high quality parts of your car. In my opinion, with the goldish ones and the bumper sticker the car looks cheaper, get rid of them and go with the forgiato, great choice!

LE: Where I can find side skirts lip ?

Last edited by dj_rzn; 05-12-2014 at 10:21 AM.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:31 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by sequaz
Niiiice set up man. Looking good
Originally Posted by Tru5g
I think any color with chrome lip wheels look good especially GOLD! black wheels make the car look more mean but gold wheels give out more attentions. lol I have never seen gold concave wheels on a e60 before. You might be the first. get it and paint it gold!! good luck on your choice. I love your car. It's so sexy!
Thanks brother. You were the O.G. when it comes to gold wheels. Just following the standard

Originally Posted by mrdunu
I personally think stick with the black wheels... and get rid of the bandaid on your front bumper!

Just my two cents.
LOL. Thanks. The sticker is strategically placed over a scar acquired after a hydroplaning incident. I don't have the time to get the the bumper fixed and having the clear bra removed, and then repairing/ painting the bumper and reapplying the clear bra would just run up the bill. I'm probably gunna sell the bumper in a little while anyways so I'll just ride it out for the meantime.

Originally Posted by Quarta2six
I like the wheels... I would refinish with polished lip and leave the black face. Obviously from your old set up Gold will work (looked sick), Im just a big fan of black with polished lip. +2 on the bandaid removal definitely not feeling that.
Yea man, anything but black tho. I'm probably gunna have them refinished into the gold as discussed or a normal brushed face and a tinted lip. Here are some photos of what I'm talking about. BTW these pictures are of Aristo Wheels. Give it about a year or so and Aristo wheel collection will probably be all over the place in terms of luxury forged wheels. They are the big brother company to my current 02Forged setup. Owner Manu Gill is the former 3rd part owner to DPE wheels. Dude was the original designer for the entire DPE wheel collection and when he left he took all his current and future designs. I would have gone with this set but the Maglia's were always a set I had an eye on.

Name:  1560736_804326236251167_1215300765_n_zpsf46e04a0.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  38.5 KB

Name:  1509669_804326336251157_95756825_n_zps2c5737df.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  44.2 KB
Name:  553782_804326212917836_1891571673_n_zpsb6bb1184.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  34.3 KB
Name:  forgiato_maglia_zpsaaa5fd7a.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  79.0 KB

Last edited by devildawg712; 05-12-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by dj_rzn
Looks so much better with the forgiato, I would definitely keep them even without repainting them.

The concavity and the great design of them completes the high quality parts of your car. In my opinion, with the goldish ones and the bumper sticker the car looks cheaper, get rid of them and go with the forgiato, great choice!

Thanks. And yea, as I mentioned in the earlier post, the bandaid sticker was placed there to cover a nasty scrape from a hydroplaning incident. I'm probably not gunna fix it any time soon. I still want to go WALD, so i'll probably just leave it for now. As far as leaving them black goes, well, Im almost 99.9 percent that I won't be leaving them as is.

LE: Where I can find side skirts lip ?
Contact Chris from Republic Wraps.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:42 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 04' 545, 6 Spd Manual, Blk Lthr, Sport Pkg, Sport Sts, Logic 7, Cold Wthr Pkg, Full L.E.D. Interior, Red Eng. Cvr, Mtech Front Bmpr, M5 Spoiler, Matte Blk Grill, Red Caps, Slttd & Drlld Rotors, 20

Originally Posted by devildawg712
Yea man, anything but black tho. I'm probably gunna have them refinished into the gold as discussed or a normal brushed face and a tinted lip. Here are some photos of what I'm talking about. BTW these pictures are of Aristo Wheels. Give it about a year or so and Aristo wheel collection will probably be all over the place in terms of luxury forged wheels. They are the big brother company to my current 02Forged setup. Owner Manu Gill is the former 3rd part owner to DPE wheels. Dude was the original designer for the entire DPE wheel collection and when he left he took all his current and future designs. I would have gone with this set but the Maglia's were always a set I had an eye on.
Im with you on the gold, definitley stands out n keeps you original. The brushed face is cool, I just dont like to much shiny stuff. Thats why I hate ALL chrome wheels, the brushed with chrome lip reminds me of a chrome wheel to much. I see people with it on cars and it looks great tho I cant lie. Something about a black wheel w/ polished lip to me makes the car look mean bro gives some contrast. ALL black is to easy people who dont know anything about cars thats the first thing they revert too (think im just tired of seeing ALL black on any and everything). BUT I WILL SAY, depending on the wheel it looks crazy. Never heard of Aristo but I'll take a look for sure. Ive been twiddling my thumbs about these varrstoens going to PC the centers, just waiting to finish this suspension project on my car which just came in and im going to change my set up. Im also worried about 20x10 up front on a non M et15 you think Ill be ok? they make a 9 but thats to close to an 8.5 I hate it. Didnt know much about wheels/offsets when I first got my car (thank god for this forum). Those forgiato's the concavity makes those wheels, what are the specs? If U dont want them let a brother know. BTW sorry for the essay, lol
Old 05-13-2014, 03:22 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Engine: M54

I'm totally with you on the black wheels and/or 'murdered out' look. It is very, very played out. I never liked black wheels for the reason you mention; it just looks like a big black void where a wheel should be.

The gold is nice, and I think even after several decades it's still hard to go wrong with a nice bright silver wheel on any BMW.

Quick Reply: New Wheel Test Fit. Thoughts? Forgiato Maglia 20''