E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Need to upgrade my E60 Angel Eyes

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 01:24 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 535i, Sport, Nav, Platinum Gray, Blk interior
Default Need to upgrade my E60 Angel Eyes

Hello all,

I did the search and found a lot of post talking about upgrade the angel eyes on all different type of base unit such as pre-lci or after or LED vs HID or Xenon etc ... I am so confuse cuz I am not familiar with this anyway. What are the different between LEd and HID and Xenon ?
Could anyone please suggest me where to buy and what to buy to upgrade my 2010 535i, Angel Eyes to a white bright instead of yellow from factory. I think my car equipped with Xenon light because at night when I turn the head light on and off, I see the lights are move up and down.
All I want is the light bulbs just swap out , Plug and Play ( Not plug and PRAY)

thanks guys

Last edited by vk535i; 02-07-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

as long as you have stock xenon headlights, an option available would be our 12W LED angel eyes which are directly plug and play =)
Old 02-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy
as long as you have stock xenon headlights, an option available would be our 12W LED angel eyes which are directly plug and play =)
DEFINITELY get these if you have Xenon, they are the best plug and play out there.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:42 PM
New Members

where to buy those light? How about if i also want to upgrade my fog light? which one is best for plug n play?
Old 02-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Ummm ... did you not see/read the 2nd post up above?

Originally Posted by vk535i
where to buy those light? How about if i also want to upgrade my fog light? which one is best for plug n play?
Old 02-07-2013, 06:54 PM
New Members

Did placed an order thanks !!!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:18 AM
New Members

I must admit, this is a confusing topic...only because of all the various products on the market. Trinity's pictures look great. Others swear by Motorcepts. Berger has some nice looking, lower priced units,,,,,,and ebay is flooded with choices.

One area of confusion for me was I saw where Motorcepts is advetising HID Angel Eyes for LCIs,but when I emailed them, they suggested their LEDs, instead.

Still making things worse are the multiple threads about LEDs not being as bright as the stock halogens during the day.Further, there are threads about how awesome the HID angel eyes are during the day, but they are way too broght at night.

It feels like a merry-go-round when it comes to Angel Eye threads and opinions. In short, I haven't anything yet.

So, to the OP, please post daytime pictures of your Trinity AEs when you get them. These look like a very nice choice.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:25 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport

Originally Posted by QuadCam
I must admit, this is a confusing topic...only because of all the various products on the market. Trinity's pictures look great. Others swear by Motorcepts. Berger has some nice looking, lower priced units,,,,,,and ebay is flooded with choices.

One area of confusion for me was I saw where Motorcepts is advetising HID Angel Eyes for LCIs,but when I emailed them, they suggested their LEDs, instead.

Still making things worse are the multiple threads about LEDs not being as bright as the stock halogens during the day.Further, there are threads about how awesome the HID angel eyes are during the day, but they are way too broght at night.

It feels like a merry-go-round when it comes to Angel Eye threads and opinions. In short, I haven't anything yet.

So, to the OP, please post daytime pictures of your Trinity AEs when you get them. These look like a very nice choice.
I understand what you mean. As I had posted before, there are over 234 co's (primarily in China) manufacturing LED lights for BMW's. So the product quality must be all over the board and the USA based marketers of these products keep you in the dark (pardon the pun) by providing virtually no information on verified lumen output or anything else about the components in their offering

There is a real opportunity for one of these marketers to do verified testing on lumen output and detailing the components in their products. I think this would help consumers and get most of us out of the dark during our decision making process.

I know of a high performance BMW/AMG shop that exclusively uses GP Thunder bulbs for their lighting upgrades

So, perhaps you start with GP Thunders website for assistance in making your choice (It appears that they use Osram product components):

LED Ring Marker Light for BMW E60 E61 E90 E91Angel Eyes
Old 02-08-2013, 07:53 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2014 535 Alpine White

Originally Posted by QuadCam

I agree, i see 5W, 10W and 20W kits. Some use Cree LED's etc... I think i will wait until the smoke clears for a brand to make an angle eye that is visible in the daytime and great at night and can light up both rings on each headlight.

Another member said these ebay ones for 80 bucks were great and from his pics he posted on the boards i was going to order them but the seller is sold out already. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BMW-H8-4...vip=true&rt=nc

Last edited by KLR4LIFE; 02-08-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:07 AM
Members

I went HIDs. They aren't as easy as just swapping the bulbs but they are buy far the brightest and I haven't seen anything that looks brighter. They are obnoxiously bright, just the way I like them and you can get a set of HIDs online for $30.

Quick Reply: Need to upgrade my E60 Angel Eyes