E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Need some help

Old 01-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06 550i
Model Year: 06
Default Need some help

Hey guys I need some help deciding what I should do next about my situation. I recently got a M6 wheel off ebay that was heated with paddle shift option. I got it yesterday and installed and tried the heating function but it did not work. I verified all the connection and tried again and nothing. At first I thought maybe my light for the heat function didn't work anymore. So I tried with my other sport wheel, which came from a M5 6 speed, and it worked. I also tried my original wheel that came with the car and it heated up also. So I came to the conclusion that obviously the new wheel heat function doesn't work.

I contacted the seller and got a reply within 20 mins and he said it worked before then he asked was it installed in a M or non M. I told him it was a non M but that a previous had worked fine. I have yet to receive a message back from him and that was at 420 PST yesterday.

My questions is should I file a claim with ebay/paypal? The item was misrepresented since nowhere in its description did it say the heat function did not work. The seller does not accept returns tho. Also his quick first reply then nothing after makes me slightly suspicious. Here's the link to the auction BMW E60 E63 M5 M6 SMG Steering Wheel with Heater | eBay. I didn't notice when I bought it but the wheel did not have the airbag mounting plate either, not a big deal since I used my old one but he doesnt mention that in the listing. I don't think the seller is scamming me but I don't want to wait around on this either.

What should I do?

Search this Thread