E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LCI Retrofit Facelift Lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 08:57 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by RootKit' post='492453' date='Nov 10 2007, 04:55 AM
For now, I advise everyone NOT to buy or do the retrofit yet! I took the car to dealer, they encountered problems with the kit. The retrofit cable set for headlight does not match up with the pre-lci wiring. The colors of the wiring according to the TIS .pdf instruction is different than the wires. not so sure why...the lci retrofit is just for europe only? I'll keep everyone updated.

1. so no problem going ahead with the rear tailights retrofit only then ?

2. You wouldn't have a copy of that pdf would you ?
Old 11-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

do anyone know if the controllers, ballast, ignitors are different from pre-LCI versions? will the pre-LCI controllers, ballast, ignitors work with LCI versions?
Old 11-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 M5

Originally Posted by r9ndy' post='492727' date='Nov 10 2007, 09:12 PM
do anyone know if the controllers, ballast, ignitors are different from pre-LCI versions? will the pre-LCI controllers, ballast, ignitors work with LCI versions?
They are the same if you have D1S bulbs.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Contributors

When i get some time i'm going to uninstall one of my headlight and verify the colors/wiring to the diagram in the "LCI Retrofit" coloring diagram. To make sure my BMW mechanic didn't overlook something or simply color blinded.

Just in case someone might know--is the wiring loom wire/colors that plug into headlight between US and Euro specs car different? i know that the plug is the same, but what about the wires color?

Here is the "LCI Retrofit" .pdf file if anybody is interested:

E60_LCI_Retrofit.pdf
Old 11-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by andy545' post='491743' date='Nov 8 2007, 05:17 PM
Fred, it's written on the plastic bag in the first pic.
The part on the plastic bag is for the cables and ALL the other bits and pieces in the bag. What about the cables themselves, do they have a separate part numbers for them or does someone know how to find out the parts numbers for all the parts in the Retro fit bag 61 12 0 432 110.

The way I see this is if we can find the part number of those cables only then there are bound to be cheaper than the Retrofit kit bag. That way all you need is those cables, a pair of tail lights and the LCM. Of course you will still need to code the LCM so I cannot see how you can DIY this. You can always install this yourself and then get the dealer to simply recode (similar to what a lot of people did for the Aux retrofit).
Old 11-12-2007, 12:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='493016' date='Nov 12 2007, 12:33 AM
The part on the plastic bag is for the cables and ALL the other bits and pieces in the bag. What about the cables themselves, do they have a separate part numbers for them or does someone know how to find out the parts numbers for all the parts in the Retro fit bag 61 12 0 432 110.

The way I see this is if we can find the part number of those cables only then there are bound to be cheaper than the Retrofit kit bag. That way all you need is those cables, a pair of tail lights and the LCM. Of course you will still need to code the LCM so I cannot see how you can DIY this. You can always install this yourself and then get the dealer to simply recode (similar to what a lot of people did for the Aux retrofit).
Correct Bruce, and there is still the issue of losing some functionality from the headlights, namely the angel eyes (confirmed by some members here) - I have the impression the retrofit was made with both the rear and front in mind.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:25 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 535d touring, black, leather "caramel" individual, GPS pro, Pack M, heating seats confort, 18's rims 135M, park distance control front and rear, bi-xénon,

Is someone can tell me, if i would like to change only the rear light by LCI taillight, what parts i need, to fit correctly and work without problem.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:09 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by andy545' post='493160' date='Nov 12 2007, 09:02 AM
Correct Bruce, and there is still the issue of losing some functionality from the headlights, namely the angel eyes (confirmed by some members here) - I have the impression the retrofit was made with both the rear and front in mind.
Probably explains why BMW GB say this part has now gone On Hold and cannot be ordered.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ab-Ab' post='491718' date='Nov 8 2007, 11:31 AM
WOW,..Do the new headlights come only in AHL?

What if we want to convert from halogens to the LCI's headlights?

Do we have to buy the AHL module also?

Thanks
The LCI retrofit install guide apply to only BiXenon and AHL. The halogen to xenon conversion requires a different retrofit first.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Contributors

The LCI retrofit applys to European cars. My dealer bmw mechanic says the wire colors/gauge size don't match. earlier today, got a chance to take out my headlights and can confirm that the colors of the wires (8 pins & 4 pins) are totally different. I don't understand, the taillights for US and Euro cars use matching colors. however, for the headlights, the wiring colors are totally different! i thought it would be universal and that any changes between US and Euro cars can be programmed to give different functions--like similar to our taillights.

So what is the difference between Euro and US specs headlight?...the plugs are the same but the wiring colors are different. Do euro headlights have other functions? why would BMW go through the trouble of distinguishing the wires color?

Quick Reply: LCI Retrofit Facelift Lights