E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LCI Light retrofits and now lights on all the time

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 12:21 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i
Model Year: 206
Default LCI Light retrofits and now lights on all the time

I installed LCI Heads + tails + LM2 and coded the LM2 to my car including changing VIN, default code LMA where +MUEB was there already. Car mfg date remains #0905. Now the control switch is not working with front and tail lights on all the time. Button for fog lights don work. Could anyone help me understand what went wrong?

Car was fitted with LCI headlight + Pre taillight + LM1 by previous owner with some weird relay wiring for headlight. I cut them off all and redid the wiring with BMW retrofit harness.

Thanks
Old 11-17-2016, 10:27 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2010

Maybe if you can provide a bit more information on the car such as which type of lights it came with?Which lights are always on?

Maybe you bought the wrong LM2 module , Or maybe you wired them up wrong.

Also you do still have the orginal LM module ?
Old 11-18-2016, 05:30 AM
New Members

My car is 06 525i Europe version originally came with Xenon light.

Previous owner retrofitted LCI AHL headlight (Hella brand) without swapping the LM so he did some relay wiring under the hood. Car at the time only lights up both headlights if switch is turned to Auto only. If it is at On, only 1 bulb on passenger side comes up.

I am not happy with that wiring and also love the LCI taillights so I bought the tails, LM2 AHL together with the wiring kits from BMW (both front and rear).

I did all the wiring/harness per instructed on the pdf file for AHL including 2 new wires from back to LM2 and the swapping pin on LM2.

All coding was done including writing VIN to new LM2. +MUEB was alread there in my VO and I keep the #0905 as original.

Now the car is quite weird as the control knob has been acting up. Yesterday there was no green led no matter what position I turned it to. Lights are always on all the time with ignition. Today green led came on when turned to A but then the xenon lights are flashing intermittenly irrespective of the control position.
My passenger signal is not bright like not sufficient power and driver side AE does not have power at all. I do not see any code throwing up the dashboard though.

I am sure its coding and programming causing this since the wiring are exact per officlal instruction.

Any suggestion?

Thanks
Old 11-19-2016, 11:48 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2010

Well the first thing I would try to do is try to remove all that custom wiring and get the wires back to stock.

Then follow the LCI Retrofit guide correctly. Make sure you are using the correct one, because it has a issue with one of the public release retrofit guide. Also make sure the connections are secure and no shorts. Also check the headlight internal wiring to make sure they are in good condition.

Then if still having issues, I have a pin out of the LM2 , You can check to make sure the wires are in the correct pin, the guy may have swapped around a few pins on the LM itself.

Inbox me your email and Ill forward it to you.

Last edited by JeremyR; 11-19-2016 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-19-2016, 06:40 PM
New Members

Thanks. I took out all the wiring + relay that I can see under the hood. The wiring of new harness is color matched with those on the instruction. I dont know if he swapped some on the old LM connecction but I doubt he had. Should I just default code the LM2 again? What are the modules need to be written with +MUEB? LMA, CAS and do I need to write MASK as well?

Thanks