E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

How Many Slammed E60's Out Here, Here's Mine

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528xi black

Lmao@ "why is it so high"
Old 07-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Contributors

Not slammed. Just lowered on springs. Eventually will get KW coils.

But here is a pic of how it might look slammed. Car full of people.

How Many Slammed E60's Out Here, Here's Mine-dsc_5682.jpg
Old 07-30-2012, 01:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 528i 6MT, Sports Package, Premium Package, Navigation

Originally Posted by Tru5g
I don't know if my car is so called slam , but I broke my hamann front spoiler (replica) twice!
Attachment 135356
Attachment 135357
i want a lip so bad, but I know that'll happen to me too!
Old 07-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by DKNewYork

Attachment 135360
That looks pretty sweet. Im just waitin for my black 20" f14to show up to see if i need to go lower with some koni's and h&r springs.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 bmw 535i black sapphire metallic w/ tan interior , sports package , premium package , parking sensor, shades,usb , HRE 20's, CKS C1's coilovers, rpi scoop, OEM M5 side mirrors,OEM Gloss black kidney grills, ACS roof spoiler, ACS Trunk spoiler, 15% madico tint all around.. NEXT UP: bodykit and quads ( installing soon) cobb

Here's mineHow Many Slammed E60's Out Here, Here's Mine-imag0091-1-1.jpg
Old 07-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

To the OP, to answer your question, I think most people on here lower their car with springs/coilovers instead of bags....unless I've missed some new trend for 5 series owners lately since I haven't been as active on this forum lately.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:09 PM
Contributors

Member dropped545's old ride.

128's

Member Tarhee

Found this on the web.

How Many Slammed E60's Out Here, Here's Mine-slammed.jpg

How Many Slammed E60's Out Here, Here's Mine-slammed-2.jpg
Old 07-30-2012, 06:29 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 530i Jet Black Blue Halos 10000K HIDs Blacked Out Tail Lights Matte Black Grill

i wish i had bags!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:47 PM
Members

DKNewYork

Your Beast looks Killer Dude! it looks sick now, I could only imagine afterwards!

On a side note I've been to your shop before to get a quote on some performance work but you weren't there that day, you guys do great work & have some bad ass cars there on the regular.

mo858
i want a lip so bad, but I know that'll happen to me too!
I say go for it, to be on the safe side get a Reproduction Lip, paint it & throw caution to the wind!

If it works out you know you could upgrade if you want to, if not your only out a couple of bucks with bragging rights, having ripped a lip off cause your car was so low!

sheldor535i

Here's mine
Your car sitting real nice there. I wonder how it would look with the side markers & tail lights tinted and the lips on your rims painted black? Murder!

EuroCarFan

To the OP, to answer your question, I think most people on here lower their car with springs/coilovers instead of bags....unless I've missed some new trend for 5 series owners lately since I haven't been as active on this forum lately.
I agree, but lately more & more 5 series having been popping up air bagged like the one DKNewYork posted. Don't get me wrong I love bagged cars having owned a few myself, but with the whole Stance Movement you are recognized & earn more stripes when achieving the perfect low ride height to your specific car set up. Ass we all know many calculative variables come into play when reaching a desirable height without compromising the actual overall comfort of the ride itself. With that said it is much easier to bag a car, hit a switch & achieve what may have taken others Months or even years to do(with coilovers, springs, shocks, camber plates, rolling & pulling, spacers, dampening etc.) instantly with the push of a button. That plus the fact that without bags you have to deal with all the daily headaches(speed bumps, steep driveways, gas stations, drive-thru's etc.), that's what earns people like us respect for having a lowered/slammed Static car opposed to Air Bags.
Thanks for allowing me to vent..

DKNewYork

Dropped545's old car looks crazy just like that! it reminds me of back in the days when you had enough money to do a mod at a time, & what was the first thing we did was slam the car on stocks then buy the rims afterwards!

Tarhee's whip is just shy of dragging frame, much props! It kinda has that east coast vibe to it right now, I could imagine if he switched up the rims & went a size bigger.

And of course the bagged one looks ridiculous but I would kneel before him if he did that with coilovers!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: alpine white 535 E61
Model Year: 08

E61's count?

Quick Reply: How Many Slammed E60's Out Here, Here's Mine