E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

help help help!!!!!!

Old 10-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy shit..... Put johns hid aes on and 10 min later my car will not start at all!!!! Any ideas? I'm stuck and I'm not at home!!!!!! Damn!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

looks like you blew some real important fuse.
I would first disconnect the kit, remove the negative (ground) from the battery for 10 minutes and place it back and try.

If that doesn't work then you are left with manually checking each fuse which is right above where the battery is located.

The battery is located in the trunk on the passenger side
Old 10-28-2011, 06:43 PM
Members

Put a battery charger on it and got it to start... At first the fan would stay on and the car ran sluggish. Turned it off, then restarted and the fan turned off. Not sure what's going on, but how could that be from the kit??? The aes worked fine it seemed with no issues, but a seemingly bad battery drain.... Any suggestions? I disconnected the possitive leads of the kit for the time being..
Old 10-29-2011, 06:46 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST

What year/model is your car? How old is your battery? Any other mods drawing power as well?

Could be that you need a new battery. If the old ones on it's last leg...the additional power drain might be too much for it.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Members

2008 535i

Battery is good.... Got a message on the I drive saying that it was a drain after the car is turned off... I have no idea why...
Old 10-29-2011, 09:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw

My first battery went out in 3 years, I wont be surprised if your is on the edge.
Aftermarket HID's require a tremendous amount of current to ignite when compared to OEM's.
If you could recharge your battery and get the car to start then its no fault of the HID's. Your probably nearing a battery replacement.

Also,
Leaving the car door open while installing your HID's, if you did that, is a bad idea (unless you disconnected the battery) - Open doors = running electronics in a BMW which will cause a pretty fast battery drain.

There was also a known bluetooth issue that caused battery drain back in the days, if you left your bluetooth ON and your phone paired to the car, before you walked out of your car, even though you turned off your car off the computer would still be running and in a matter of a couple of hours you would have a dead battery. But that was back in the days 2004/2005/2006. A software update would resolve the issue.

Anyway,
Good luck
Old 10-29-2011, 09:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
My first battery went out in 3 years, I wont be surprised if your is on the edge.
Aftermarket HID's require a tremendous amount of current to ignite when compared to OEM's.
If you could recharge your battery and get the car to start then its no fault of the HID's. Your probably nearing a battery replacement.

Also,
Leaving the car door open while installing your HID's, if you did that, is a bad idea (unless you disconnected the battery) - Open doors = running electronics in a BMW which will cause a pretty fast battery drain.

There was also a known bluetooth issue that caused battery drain back in the days, if you left your bluetooth ON and your phone paired to the car, before you walked out of your car, even though you turned off your car off the computer would still be running and in a matter of a couple of hours you would have a dead battery. But that was back in the days 2004/2005/2006. A software update would resolve the issue.

Anyway,
Good luck

Thanks Boss...

It seems the hids were drawing battery power even after I turned the car off. Hopefuly john will see this and be able to tell me I screwed something up.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:02 AM
Members

With the kit disconnected, things have mostly gone back to normal... Still have the check engine light on... And a seriously weak battery.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:11 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST

if the battery is still weak days later....its time for a trip over to Pepboys and pick up a new one.....they only cost $100....and you can install it yourself.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Originally Posted by umichchris
if the battery is still weak days later....its time for a trip over to Pepboys and pick up a new one.....they only cost $100....and you can install it yourself.
$100?? I remember paying like 200+ for mine

Search this Thread