E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Help with AE as DRL - Odd .TRC

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 07:52 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with AE as DRL - Odd .TRC

Hi,

First off, I know there are already a bunch of posts relating to coding Angel Eyes as DRL but I have not found any posts relating to what I have in my TRC file and modules I have.

What I have:

06 530xi
build date of 12/05
Adaptive Xeons Headlights
pre_lci

My Issues:

I cannot find a FRM module in the list of modules in NCS Expert.

I can't determine which LM I have
- From what I've read, if I have DRL_V_GEDIMMT I have LM1. If I have VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_33 and TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE I have LM2

I am told that these values should be found in the FRM module (which I don't have). I do however have a LMA module with the following settings:

TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE
nicht_aktiv
VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL
drl_tfl_off
DRL_TFL_SML
nicht_aktiv
DRL_V_GEDIMMT
nicht_aktiv

I've read that you need 10/06 production date in order for the car to have a LM2. However, it appears I have LM2 settings (just not in the FRM module). Is there a difference between VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL and VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_33 ?

My goal is to have my Angel Eyes on as DRL either be automatic (via light switch in auto position) or manually by disabling the low powered high-beam light and switching the light switch to parking lights.

Also, if it is indeed LM2 that I have, is it possible to code the AE as Welcome Lights?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:40 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

E60 does not use FRM module ... and you have LM1 as you already know based on production.
When in doubt take a look at the the label on the physical LM.

Last edited by BlaSTiWi; 01-15-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:12 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went ahead a coded the .TRC (146kb) file that I had in my WORK folder and changed the values listed above. The coding went fine, however when I read back the LMA module after coding, it was suddenly only 25kb in size and looked completely different; didn't have any of the LM2 settings that were there before.

Could this of been a DATEN file that maybe has all the possible settings? Does this suggest when coding a .MAN it changes the settings of only the parameters that my LM has? Because the car works fine after coding. In fact, I it some how disabled the high-beam DRL.

Light Switch:
Auto: No lights during daytime
Parking Lights: Angel Eyes ON, high-beam DRL OFF

I'm assuming I have a LM1 module which would make sense for production date. I guess my only option left if I want my AEs to come on automatically is to buy an LM2 module?
Old 01-15-2013, 06:07 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Short answers:

You have LM1.

Cannot code welcome lights, angel eyes as DRL.

The initial read is not only parameters pertaining to your vehicle. It's when you process the module that's when your car's module is read.

Yes, and no. LM2 or manual wiring.