E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Has anyone modded their 535i/N54 EXHAUST SYSTEM??

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 02:46 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 535i M-Sport / FBO + Meth
Model Year: 2010
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by Boost7
Here are some pics - All Vibrant Exhaust parts
WOW, that looks really nice!!! Congrats! That makes me a little jealous, tbh.

// Radar //
Old 08-16-2017, 11:31 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had AR Design 3" c@tless ceramic coated DP's into twin 3" straight to twin muffler setup into M5 style quads on my previous e60 but the E61 currently has same DP and is twin 2.5" into single muffler and stock appearing tips. Any solid exhaust shop can build the entire cat bact system for a few hundred dollars instead of thousands for a german-sounding name on a sticker & a muffler. (cough cough *meiserschaft* cough)
Old 08-17-2017, 01:27 PM
New Members

Yeah I've got the DP's installed (major b1tch), and I know I could do something like that...I just worry about the sound INSIDE the car. I like my tunes, etc. Hate road noise, and drone would drive me crazy.

How was the 2.5" system on the INSIDE? I think 2.5" is probably the better choice, your thoughts??
Old 03-08-2018, 07:29 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 523i RHD
Model Year: 2007
Cool

Here are some pics - All Vibrant Exhaust parts
Hi Boost7, that setup looks great! By chance do you have the links for the parts that you bought? I'm really interested in upgrading my exhaust, especially since the body kit that my car came with has dual outlets for the mufflers
Old 03-08-2018, 08:17 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2009 BMW 535i Sport Package
Model Year: 2009

it appears to me that the stock exhaust is pretty large diameter. I have an 09 with the sport package. It looked like 3 inch when I was under there.

Steve
Old 03-14-2018, 09:18 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by drew0982
Hi Boost7, that setup looks great! By chance do you have the links for the parts that you bought? I'm really interested in upgrading my exhaust, especially since the body kit that my car came with has dual outlets for the mufflers
the setup I did was for a 535i, i see your profile list a 523i. I'm not sure how it'll perform/sound on your car. Send me a PM and we can talk more
Old 03-14-2018, 09:43 PM
New Members

I went to the local high-end muffler shop yesterday; they have done a lot of bimmers and are a really high quality shop. Top Gun in Ft.Walton Beach, Florida.

After talking with them for a bit, I’ve decided to delete the rear cats and replace with straight pipes, and delete the dual muffler cans and replace with straight pipe and a new chrome tip (twin slant-cuts much like oem except double-walled).

So it won’t have anything left of the stock setup except for the 2-into-1 middle resonator, or “silencer” as BMW calls it.

He said $270 for parts and labor. I don’t know if that’s good or bad... I know the tips alone can be pretty pricey if good quality.

// Radar //

Last edited by radarcontact; 03-14-2018 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:08 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by radarcontact
I went to the local high-end muffler shop yesterday; they have done a lot of bimmers and are a really high quality shop. Top Gun in Ft.Walton Beach, Florida.

After talking with them for a bit, I’ve decided to delete the rear cats and replace with straight pipes, and delete the dual muffler cans and replace with straight pipe and a new chrome tip (twin slant-cuts much like oem except double-walled).

So it won’t have anything left of the stock setup except for the 2-into-1 middle resonator, or “silencer” as BMW calls it.

He said $270 for parts and labor. I don’t know if that’s good or bad... I know the tips alone can be pretty pricey if good quality.

// Radar //
Radar - from what you describe above will work and for 270 is fairly inexpensive. Take some pics and let us know how it goes.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:36 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 523i RHD
Model Year: 2007

the setup I did was for a 535i, i see your profile list a 523i. I'm not sure how it'll perform/sound on your car. Send me a PM and we can talk more
Thanks, I actually called Magnaflow to get their advice on what I needed. They looked up my car and suggested the items below:

Amazon Amazon
Amazon Amazon

I'm considering their suggestions along with muffler tips that I haven't fully decided on as yet, but here's one that looked interesting:

Amazon Amazon
Old 03-19-2018, 04:26 PM
New Members

Update: I’m going over tomorrow afternoon to look at their catalog of tips. Also, I’ve decided to go with a resonator right before the tip(s) where the old set of mufflers were. This one:
Amazon Amazon
I was looking up some stuff on YouTube and came across a few vids where they’re used this exact resonator and I like the way it mellowed the sound without changing the volume or “growl” of it. Excited!
Should be doing the install next week sometime.