E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Hartge Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 02:09 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i studied, debated for a good while...about a day, on whether or not to go 19" or 20", i figured 19's would be the way to go without sacrificing rubber. i think it handles a little bit better from the factory wheels. with the car parked, there's still a considerable gap in the wheel well, prompting me to install lowering springs...H&R has them, problem is, who can install them. although i've done spring jobs before, i'm quite hesitant on this one not knowing any intricacies that may get damaged.

in any case, i'll probably have my wife drive it, with me follwing along side to see if the car sits lower when it's running.

happy driving to all!
Old 01-13-2004, 04:33 PM
Members

Wow, very nice indeed! Congrats!
Old 01-13-2004, 05:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

Gonzo,

Car looks great. I think if you go with 20s, the wheel will look bigger on the car and it might make the gap "seem smaller, but if the ratio stays the same or similar, the gap will be there even with the 20s. The 19s look good there to me. I think in the end, for those that want that "look" we may have to lower, but that could be years down the line. I am not planning on ordering the sports package, so mine will sit 0.6" higher. I am still in between 19s and 20s because I will only be running these wheels in the summer. -Well, actually all year round this year and next because I am on special assignment in El Paso, TX and the whether is great here all year round. When I go back to Indiana, I will only run them in the Summer- When I had the Hartge's on my E36, I felt that the 19s would have looked great, but the 18s looked good to me, and I was happy with my purchase.

Today, when I look at the E46 M3, Everyone has 19" wheels and the M3 body is considerably smaller than the E60, and I am thinking that th 20s will look perfect, but I won't really know until I see that perfect picture or I see them in person.

Sorry for the long reply. Please continue to post more pics. Can't get enough of the E60, especially with the custom wheels. Good wheel choice, goes well with the color of the car. Enjoy!
Old 01-14-2004, 02:21 PM
Members

aaron:

thanks, it wouldn't make much difference whether or not 19's or 20's are installed. since the vehicle's stock height did not change, the gap is still there. so 0.6 inches on a non-sport package, i think would be more pronouced. i guess, as the saying goes, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

the fender flares on the m3 are more near the tires - i think, making it look a lot better as far as filling in the wheel well.

good luck on your purchase! i'll try to post more pictures some time.

gonzo

ps my old lady asked me if there still any "upgrades" to the car - of course i said no more, that's it!
Old 01-15-2004, 11:42 AM
Senior Members

Gonzo/Don Juan

Thanks for the pics. Greatly appreciated. I like the 19's. They don't even look extremely big on the car. The 18's I can tell are smaller, and before I read the caption, I thought they were the same car and I said to myself, those wheels look smaller.

Don Juan, why did you go with the 18's. Whey didn't either of you give the 20s a shot. I know they cost more, but I was consider 19s because I didn't want to go lower than 30(275/30) on the rear wheels. I would like to be able to hit a small bump and not bend or break anything. But after seeing the pics, I just might want to give 20s a shot.
My wheels are my by RH (germany) and only comes in 18s. Only the 3 piece wheels were 19s and cost double. As it was before, the stock rims have a firm ride and did not wanted to sacrifice the ride. the 18s seems a bit smaller for the size of car but the ride firm enough for me but pleasant. I love the looks of the 19s and I think it would have been a nicer look for the size of the car.
Congratulations Gonzo , your car looks terrific
Old 01-15-2004, 05:09 PM
Members

thanks for the kudos, here's another pix.
Attached Thumbnails Hartge Wheels-dsc00329.jpg  
Old 01-15-2004, 07:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation
Gonzo,

I am with you, the gap will be the same. I don't think the 20s will take care of that issue, and I will just have to lower it at a later date. By the way, you gave your wife the right answer. I have spoken to my wife about getting custom wheels as soon as I get the car. So far she is behind me (I sold my BMW so we could save money for our wedding, so she owes me one

By the way, keep sending the pics. The more I see your car, the more I like the look of those wheels, especially with your color (Titanium Silver right).

One last thing, in that last picture, it looks like the front left wheel is missing a lug. Is this the case or is the camera playing tricks on me?

Congrats, it's looking great.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:14 PM
Contributors

Gonzo,

One more thing. Where did you order the wheels and tires from. I like the red P Zero on the wheels. It is a small touch, but I like the little details.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:17 PM
Banned

car just looks amazing...great choice and IMO they 19s looks just right.... perhaps u can really think about some lowering springs later...
i m sure any performance shop can do the install if u r not sure about DIY.....
good lookin car congrats....
Old 01-15-2004, 10:20 PM

WOW, it looks sooo good!

?s I said before I?m gonna have the same setup on my car.

Have the picture on my desktop now, just so I can dream of my car. Only one week more........!

What about the ride. Do you feel nay difference from the OEM wheels?
Which offsets do you have?

Quick Reply: Hartge Wheels