E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

H&R sport springs pair with (?)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 03:49 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 550i M Sport
Model Year: 2008
Default H&R sport springs pair with (?)

I'm going back and forth of suspension. I don't want the car slammed and I want great ride comfort. My 08 550i is a m sport and I'm very happy with the comfort level.

I love the stance of the H&R but I've heard that pairing them with certain shocks/struts equates to a harsh, uncomfortable ride.

My car has over 70k miles so I probably need to do them all at once. Who here has H&R sports and what shock combo are you running?

I've also considered bc coils or even st. ST get decent reviews but they aren't galvanized. The bimmer does come out on few days with salt and wetness so ST probably don't suit my needs for durability. I don't want to drop much more than a grand on it as this car's primary purpose is to haul clients around while playing real estate broker. It's not my toy but I want to add my style and flare to it with a better stance.

Thanks in advance,
Brandon
Old 01-29-2015, 03:25 AM
New Members

Not a single person? Is there another, more involved/active e60 forum...?
Old 01-29-2015, 05:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Hi BrandonSS,

I am by no means a suspension expert and am in the same boat as you. I hear Bilsteins B8 Sports are great. Not sure how they are with H&R Sport Springs though. I think we have members here riding on Eibach / Bilstein Setups and really like them. Is there a reason why you are upgrading your springs, when you have the sport springs?

Also, from what I see ST Coilovers are Galvanized / Zinc Plated to protect against corosion. At least from what I read on their site. I'm sure others will chime in. Good Luck and keep us updated on what setup you decide on.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:48 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Hyper_545i
Hi BrandonSS,

I am by no means a suspension expert and am in the same boat as you. I hear Bilsteins B8 Sports are great. Not sure how they are with H&R Sport Springs though. I think we have members here riding on Eibach / Bilstein Setups and really like them. Is there a reason why you are upgrading your springs, when you have the sport springs?

Also, from what I see ST Coilovers are Galvanized / Zinc Plated to protect against corosion. At least from what I read on their site. I'm sure others will chime in. Good Luck and keep us updated on what setup you decide on.
As I said I want to add my own flare to it and get a slightly more aggressive stance. I've read a few accounts where people have paired their h&r sports with aftermarket struts/shocks and it resulted in a very harsh ride compared to the oem setup with the H&R.

I'll look into the ST setup being galvanized some more. On previous vehicles I've ran a nice cup kit such as h&r, eibach and bilstein, tanabe, etc and the only coils I've ran were Bilstein pss9 on a audi 225q TT. The two times I ran eibach I did not enjoy the ride. They felt very harsh compared to all of my other setups so I'll probably steer clear of them again for this platform.