E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Front License Plate Or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im just curious who has a front license plate and who doesnt?

If you dont have u gotten a ticket for not having one?

For my taste the front plate kills the look of a car unless there German plates
Old 10-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

i heard in some areas, like LA (not sure though), that you absolutely need a front plate. my car has a euro plate in front but i was told that i need to put my actual california plate in the windshield then. i never had a problem with my plates. cops mostly just stare
Old 10-30-2006, 09:10 PM
Senior Members

i see in ure pic that u got the german plate on, you still got the cali plate on ure windshield?
Old 10-30-2006, 09:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

my dad made me put mine on. :'(
Old 10-30-2006, 09:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

No, absolutely not. Think it ruins the lines of the front end.

Never had any "authorities" bother me about it not being there.
Attached Thumbnails Front License Plate Or Not?-dsc00903.jpg  
Old 10-30-2006, 09:19 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

yeah its still there. i've kept it there ever since i put on my euro plate. i asked my dad about the whole front plate thing. he told me the majority of cities require a front plate on the car and that he knows some people before that got tickets for not having the plate. he's been an accountant for car dealerships most of his life. when i asked him about getting a euro plate he just told me to make sure my front plate is visible so i just put it in the windshield. he said i would be fine that way for sure and i have been.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:46 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy' post='350558' date='Oct 30 2006, 10:19 PM
yeah its still there. i've kept it there ever since i put on my euro plate. i asked my dad about the whole front plate thing. he told me the majority of cities require a front plate on the car and that he knows some people before that got tickets for not having the plate. he's been an accountant for car dealerships most of his life. when i asked him about getting a euro plate he just told me to make sure my front plate is visible so i just put it in the windshield. he said i would be fine that way for sure and i have been.

ill just keep my plate off for a while until they pull me over than ill put it back on, but hopefully they wont pull me over, but im sure they will because of my Blue AngeliBrights
Old 10-30-2006, 09:46 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i stock. 2000 Jeep Wrangler non-stock =)

In cali at least, you can be issued a "fit-it" ticket typically issued by metermaids. It's a pain in the butt ticket where you will have to put your plate back on, drive to the police station or find a cop willing to write it off, then take it off again. You can get enough of them to the point they will begin to make you pay the fine due to excess violations. As far as i know, you cannot just pay the ticket, it has to be signed off by a peace officer or similar person.

I've had about 4 to 5 in my lifetime...still don't have one my jeep. I've never heard of anyone being pulled over just for that violation though.

Oh, and "in your window" doesn't count. It has to be attached to the front of the car, you should be able to access "front plate violations" on the web.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Senior Members

ive gotten one before, the sheriff just comes and checks it out, rights it off that its on there, pay the correction fee and ure done
Old 10-31-2006, 01:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

knowing most of the cops in long beach...they dont really pull you over for th plate....but if you bring attention to yourself....for any other violation...they will pop you...havent had mine on at all. and i see them all the time in the E.R..an the know my car...

Quick Reply: Front License Plate Or Not?