E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Folding seat question

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 05:30 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 520D SE
Model Year: E60 2007
Engine: N47
Question Folding seat question

Morning all,

Am looking to upgrade the cloth seats in my E60 LCI, which has a non-folding rear seat.

Have found a full set of black leather seats which came out of an E60 LCI also, the front seats are electric with memory function (drivers side only I think), along with the rear seats being the fold down version.

Two questions...

1) As my existing cloth front seats are also electric - but don't have memory function, would fitting the replacement seats need to be coded or enabled via software ?, would the electric function work regardless, as I'm not that bothered about the memory function tbh.

2) Is replacing the non-folding rear seat a case of just undoing bolts etc.. which hold everything in place, and then refitting the replacement foldable rear seat along with the release mechanism which do come with the replacement rear seats ?, are any brackets etc.. required to be fitted/welded in order to allow the foldable seats to fit correctly.

Cheers for any advice given.