E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

First Ever! Custom Blacked Out LCI Taillights by Republic Wraps

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

we are doing upgrades for those who already have LCI tails and starting next week we are selling LCI tails already modded for those who dont already have them. working on some sets that people have sent in this week and will post up a sale thread next week for the set we are selling straight forward. once complete & posted it'll be first come, first served ladies & gentlemen
Old 11-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Could you post up some pics of what to expect on the reconnection of the lens to the housing? Just curious how this will look and how it will hold up. What about climate testing? I'm sure there are plenty of chambers near you to see how we'll the process holds up over time and various climates. etc...
Old 11-22-2012, 11:23 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by umichchris
we are doing upgrades for those who already have LCI tails and starting next week we are selling LCI tails already modded for those who dont already have them. working on some sets that people have sent in this week and will post up a sale thread next week for the set we are selling straight forward. once complete & posted it'll be first come, first served ladies & gentlemen
Could a custom order be made to get the Ricky brake effect and instead of blacking out the insides to go with a "reddish" color? I basically wanted the turn signals "silver" area to match the rest of the tail light.

Awesome work on this mod!
Old 11-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Senior Members

yep! i actually want to try turning the silver section alpine white for someone who has a white car and doing a quick test fit to see if it will look as sick as i think i would....

we can do anything from a custom standpoint to be honest
Old 11-23-2012, 02:40 PM
Senior Members

all i can say is for the method that i have developed, the tails will be sealed in a manner similar to how headlights are sealed and waterproofed during Orion installs. just as with Orion installs, if done properly there will be no issues w/ climate or leaking...of course if people have an issue i stand by my work

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Could you post up some pics of what to expect on the reconnection of the lens to the housing? Just curious how this will look and how it will hold up. What about climate testing? I'm sure there are plenty of chambers near you to see how we'll the process holds up over time and various climates. etc...
Old 11-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Chris I pmed u
Old 11-24-2012, 07:10 AM
Senior Members

i must have missed it. i just sent you now.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:01 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

all i can say is for the method that i have developed, the tails will be sealed in a manner similar to how headlights are sealed and waterproofed during Orion installs. just as with Orion installs, if done properly there will be no issues w/ climate or leaking...of course if people have an issue i stand by my work
Ok, sorry but I'm not familiar with the method or the Orion method. I'm very interested just don't want to get them back looking like wonton soup or chicken fried rice was used to get them sealed back up. Perhaps you can send a pc privately if you don't want to post. how long is your work covered for leaking or fogging etc?
Old 11-25-2012, 01:59 AM
New Members

My Ride: Na

These look really good. I just picked up my e60 and I'm glad your local
Old 11-26-2012, 03:06 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i 6MT

Im assuming you cut open the tails for this.. now can i ask what your using to seal them back up??

Quick Reply: First Ever! Custom Blacked Out LCI Taillights by Republic Wraps