E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

European Bi-Xenon Adaptive Headlight Assembly

Old 03-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

I really want to get rid of the ugly yellow reflectors on my US-spec headlight assembly but I want to avoid opening the unit just to move that piece for fear of potential problems with resealing, voiding warranty...etc...

As such, I'm wondering if any of my E60 brothers (or sisters) from Europe wouldn't mind checking on eBay there and ordering me a set of Bi-Xenon Adaptive headlights. I'm assuming they'll be a direct swap to my headlights. I'm asking you folks since I remember seeing a couple of listings that says they don't ship internationally.

Any takers? I actually don't even know how much these lights would sell for on eBay there. I've seen some used units in the US for a few hundred dollars. I can pay a finders fee?

Or anyone want to trade for my US headlights with the amber side markers? They might be a hit in Europe!
Old 03-16-2006, 09:50 PM
Contributors

Hi Tony,

Go to www.ebay.com, not www.ebay.de, and go to Advance Search. Type in E60 and choose country Germany. It'll list out all stuffs relates to E60.
When it indicate AKL, it means that it's adaptive headlight control.
In Europe, there are two versions: Bi-xenon and adaptive bi-xenon. Both bi-xenon and adaptive bi-xenon are self-levelizing.
Please go to realoem.com and find out part number.
If you don't understand German, copy and paste it to Google language tool page which translate German to English by default. By doing that you'll understand what it says. Also, you can ask seller in English and they'll reply to you in English, too. I've bought most of my E60 stuffs from Germany eBay, and shipping cost for two lamps is about 49euros, and it takes from two to three weeks from Germany to California.
The prefer either direct wiring or Paypal. Ask the seller if they accept PayPal and ship to US. Most of the time, they'll do although they said the item only available in Germany. Becareful for bid trap where many family members of seller acts as bidder and they raise up the price.
How do I know this? I've learned it in a hard way
Any question, please let me know.

Regards.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:00 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Gone: 2004 525i Jet Black, Built 03/04, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, Halogen to Euro Spec Bi-Xenons Retrofit, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic Breyton Spirit Reps 20x9F 20x10R - Nitto NT555 245/35/20F-275/30/20R, M5 Front Bumper, H&R Sport Springs, Chrome Grills, 20% Tint, Euro Reflectors, Debadged, Aux Input, CIP v19.x

I was in contact a few months ago with http://www.bmrparts.com/ which had a few sets of Euro spec xenon headlights. IIRC they had 8 sets of US spec headlights and 2 Euro spec headlights. There's a chance they might have a set. Try emailing them and see what they have in stock.

His email is: nelson@bmrparts.com

Btw they quoted me $850 for Euro spec xenons (complete with ballasts/igniters/bulbs). Keep in mind this was months ago.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Thanks Busta. That is still too much considering all I want is to get clear corners. I already have adaptive bi-xenon headlights so I don't need the ballasts, bulbs...etc...just the housing. I might check with them anyway.

Thanks for the info.