E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

ER charge pipe with 4bar TMAP

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 08:30 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2009 535i Sport
Model Year: 2009
Engine: N54
Default ER charge pipe with 4bar TMAP

The 4 bar tmap sensor from BMS fit great on my stock CP. However on the ER pipe, I can bare get it to fit, and it doesn't want to get flush with the flange. Currently the o-ring is tight in there and seated, however it's possible it's not totally sealing.

The issue is the 4bar TMAP doesn't line up *exactly* with the holes for either the stock CP nor the ER CP - however the stock CP had a bit more margin of error on the bolts and holes compared to the ER, so I was able to have it sit flush with no difficulty.

I don't see how to widen the 4bar TMAP holes, either - I tried to use a dremel to grind it out, but they have metal sleeves around the holes and I got nowhere. Perhaps I just need a metal cutting dremel bit?

Anyone else have this issue? Were you able to find a solution?
Old 03-03-2017, 11:20 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2009 535i Sport
Model Year: 2009
Engine: N54

As follow up, I'd sent BMS an email about this as well - I'm posting it here as info for the 5series archives.
I'm planning to use a metal-cutting bit on the Dremel to bore the 4bar bolt hole just a little wider, should only need 1-2 MM more room.

Here is Jon @ BMS' response:

"The ER CP is a bit of a headache. It fits but you do need to file out
the size of the hole on the 4bar sensor a bit and then get a longer
bolt that fits the ER pipe.

Alternatively the 3.5bar sensor should fit the same as the OEM one. We
sell the adapter for it on our site."
Old 03-14-2017, 11:19 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW E60 535i
Model Year: 535i 2008

Why do you need a 4bar sensor its not like you r going to boost over 30psi, im running 3.5bar on my er chargepipe and it fits perfect