E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E61 535d Paddle shift mod.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 10:01 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530d

sorry I didn't know where to look in wds for the diagram.

okay, easiest way to check with multimeter - find some spare wire, strip it, insert into the connector, put multimeter on continuity test and one of them should change resistance when the paddle is depressed. Do this for all combinations and write them down and you should figure out what does what and what needs to be swapped around.

Do you have M5 paddles? I don't know if theres a difference between that and the non M car paddles, but you might have a lit up + and - sign so the cable could be for that light.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:58 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 535d Touring

Originally Posted by sanjsanj
sorry I didn't know where to look in wds for the diagram.

okay, easiest way to check with multimeter - find some spare wire, strip it, insert into the connector, put multimeter on continuity test and one of them should change resistance when the paddle is depressed. Do this for all combinations and write them down and you should figure out what does what and what needs to be swapped around.

Do you have M5 paddles? I don't know if there's a difference between that and the non M car paddles, but you might have a lit up + and - sign so the cable could be for that light.
Hi there

Car is back together now and I'd rather not keep taking off airbag if I can help it.

Still cannot find the drawing I am after. I'm trying to find the actual connector plug on a drawing somewhere.

I haven't got M5 paddles, the pull push type, no lights.

Perhaps I need to try a different approach,
Old 12-20-2014, 01:41 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by Mission1979
Hi there

Car is back together now and I'd rather not keep taking off airbag if I can help it.

Still cannot find the drawing I am after. I'm trying to find the actual connector plug on a drawing somewhere.

I haven't got M5 paddles, the pull push type, no lights.

Perhaps I need to try a different approach,
Right, I've got two wires and a four pin plug from dealer, going to have a go at trying to figure out the wiring for the left hand switch tomorrow. Any last pearls of wisdom before I start?

Thanks.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:37 PM
New Members

Default Sorted

Well all sorted now. Much more logical now.

Left now pulls to go down, pushes to go up. The opposite to the right hand side.

All I did was simply swap the blue and white and blue and black wires around. Unclip the pin retainer, push the pin tangs down and pull out. Twenty minute job including some time with a spare plug and two wires with a multi meter checking how switch works.
Attached Thumbnails E61 535d Paddle shift mod.-imag1151.jpg  
Old 05-02-2020, 12:15 PM
Probation Members

My Ride: 635 E63

Hi mate,

thanks for this update. I’ve been searching high and low to determine what this 4 wire set up was. I’ve got a 635D and am seeking to do similar. Did you actually ever confirm what the wires were and there function. Obviously I will simply try what you did but curious as the 4th wire?
many thanks
Originally Posted by Mission1979
Well all sorted now. Much more logical now.

Left now pulls to go down, pushes to go up. The opposite to the right hand side.

All I did was simply swap the blue and white and blue and black wires around. Unclip the pin retainer, push the pin tangs down and pull out. Twenty minute job including some time with a spare plug and two wires with a multi meter checking how switch works.