E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E60 LCI Halogen to LCI Xenon Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

Well, today was my lucky day as I got quite the gift in the mail today

As the title states.. I will be going through with the retrofit as soon as I can get someone to help me do a little coding

This is what this thread is about:

Retrofitting LCI Halogen to Euro Spec LCI Non-AHL Bi-Xenon on an 08 528i.

This is what I have so far for bulbs:

Umnitza ICE LITE H8 AE (Will look into HID Angels in the future depending on the brightness of these)
Generic 6000K D1S bulbs (will try to get something better when I get some more mula)

I noticed that the side marker bulbs had a chrome coating (Saves me the upgrade).

Going to attempt this with a simple VO change (Plus any other needed coding). If anyone has any suggestions im all ears

HERES THE PIX!!!!!

Sexiness.

As you can see the headlight plug is missing 1 pin. In theory..if these are the same as the Halogen lights... The VO change should be enough.

My bulbsssss

Stay tuned.......
Old 04-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I want to do the same retrofit. I have LCI Halogens as well on my '07 530i. I want to change to Xenons as well. Where did you get the Non AHL Xenons from?? Please post your progress.

Thanks.

Patrick
Old 04-27-2012, 09:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

Is your car LCI? I'm asking because my car is and this thread is built around the LCI platform.

I got these used from Germany. I contacted someone that was selling them and had em shipped to me via DHL.

That being said....

Update #1 The pins are in completely different locations. This means I'll have to wire up new connectors and possibly run some wires. I'll post some pics soon to show what I mean.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:19 PM
Members

Yep, mine is LCI.

Looking forward to picks and update.

Good Luck!!

Originally Posted by MORI3L
Is your car LCI? I'm asking because my car is and this thread is built around the LCI platform.

I got these used from Germany. I contacted someone that was selling them and had em shipped to me via DHL.

That being said....

Update #1 The pins are in completely different locations. This means I'll have to wire up new connectors and possibly run some wires. I'll post some pics soon to show what I mean.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Senior Members

What I did here was I tried to plug the lights in without any coding. As stated above the pins are in different locations so naturally this was not going to work..

Heres the pics that shows what i mean...

ERROR!

Shot of the pins...notice that they are different then the ones on the xenons (pic is above).

Two shots of the connector...

Standby.....
Old 04-30-2012, 06:34 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

At least you'll need an additional ground wire into pin #2 for the Xenon ballast.
I think pin #5 is the Bi-Xenon hi-beam shutter that you have to add too.

You'll need to re-configure some pins on the LM and do coding.

GL!
Old 05-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Senior Members

Small update: I've got the Lo beams to turn on (with errors/flickering) By interally grouping the wires on pins 2 and 4. Going to try swapping pins 5 and 6 on the harness for the high beams and the pins on the LM for the AE/highbeams. Will have some more info hopefully by the end of today/tomorrow.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Senior Members

Thoughts so far on this project... I did 90% of the retrofit in less than an hour with minor coding and no cutting of wires.

I haven't swapped pins 5 and 6 for the high beam shutter yet nor any pins on the LCM but I got everything else working just by internally combining the wires for pins 2 and 4 (with a wire tap) and adding xenon to the VO + disable AE bulb check (BIG thanks to Chase AKA Sublime for the help!). The only two things that arent working is the high beam shutter and also the AE is operating at 10W (which doesn't matter because I have ICE LITE 10W AE but it'll matter if I ever wanna go HID or stock). Heres some pics....will write a DIY as soon as this is 100% done.

Enjoy the pix!!!!

Old 05-03-2012, 01:07 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Looks good.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

Nice man. You are almost done it appears.

Quick Reply: E60 LCI Halogen to LCI Xenon Retrofit