E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E60 CCC to CIC...Thanks BPM

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 08:24 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking E60 CCC to CIC...Thanks BPM

Hello everyone. I just wanted to share my CIC retrofit on my 2009 535i. I bought all of the components from BPM sport. Mike was super easy to work with and super helpful. I elected to self install and Mike was still there to get me unstuck when I did get stuck. I can't thank BPM enough for the ease of transaction and help with everything after.

The install was pretty easy actually with almost everything being plug and play. We also removed the MULF and TCU and installed a combox for complete phone and mp3 integration. The combox was probably the most difficult part of the whole process only because it required rerouting of MULF wires, which were located beneath my spare tire, to the combox location by the left rear wheel well.

Everything is OEM activated, no emulators or anything and there are no errors or lost abilities of the car. In fact, things like the voice activation work better. It was kind of hard to talk the car into navigating a specific address before, now it is as easy as my 2013 E70.

The only issue is factory woofers do not work, but to me this is a small issue and I will fix this soon. If anyone knows the fix for this please let me know, I have just started researching the topic.

Pictures of my new CIC coming soon.

If you love your car then you need to do this retrofit. I have had the car like this for only one evening and I can tell you it is like a new car. I wish I would not have waited so long.

Thanks again Mike at BPM sport! Thanks to everyone on this forum for the info.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:48 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Model Year: 2006
Engine: n52

i wish he was closer....\

i need help to retrofit NBT and no one on the east coast cant do it...

waiting for the pictures
Old 09-08-2014, 06:38 PM
New Members

Default Screen shots

Here are a few screen shots. Loving the new system.

I have been looking in to the no bass issue. Looking at some previous posts on this site, the issue seems to have occurred with other retrofits as well. Looking at the schematic for the CCC vs the CIC, the CCC sent an on signal to the vehicle's amplifier. The CIC does not send out the "on" signal. So I will have to see if the amp is even turning on. That would make sense, the warning chime is very faint as well.

E60 CCC to CIC...Thanks BPM-img_0802.jpg
E60 CCC to CIC...Thanks BPM-img_0803.jpg
E60 CCC to CIC...Thanks BPM-img_0804.jpg
E60 CCC to CIC...Thanks BPM-img_0806.jpg
Old 09-10-2014, 02:57 AM
New Members

My Ride: E61

If i already have CCC MULF with bluetooth and USB/AUX thingy, can I keep that with CIC retrofit - or big andvantage/must do in replacing those things ?
Old 09-15-2014, 08:08 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535xi

Do you have the part numbers of everything required to perform this retrofit? I am thinking of doing this to my car, 2008 BMW 535xi wit CCC Navigation, voice control, and bluetooth.

Thanks

Mando
Old 09-15-2014, 08:43 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 535xi touring
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

How much was all the HW?
Old 10-13-2014, 04:58 PM
New Members

Hey guys!! Sorry for the delayed response, I had quite a few projects on my plate while I was finishing the retrofit. So the no bass issue is actually a combination of problems. First, there is only 4 channel pre-amp out coming from the new CIC. No audio data goes to the subwoofer amp at all. The rest of the speakers sounded very bland, again the pre-amp outs were heading straight for the speakers. The CCC must have had an amp built in. So I wired in a JL Audio 700/5 v2. This amp took the 4 inputs and mixed them for a subwoofer out. So I just wired that in using the power, ground, and remote from the stock subwoofer amp. I ran new wires from the center console to the trunk for the other channels so the amp could push them as well. All I can say is WOW!! The new CIC plus stock HiFi speakers sound amazing when pushed by a quality amp. There is lots of definition in all ranges compared to before. My ears want to believe that those are not stock speakers in the doors but I know they are cause I never changed them. I can't wait to upgrade the speakers and see what it sounds like. It sounds good enough that I will soon replace the stock amp in my 2013 E70 because the 535 now sounds better. I will jump on my phone and post a pic where I mounted the amp.

540is,
You could keep the MULF but that would still limit the iPhone integration and bluetooth streaming to the way your car is now, even with the new CIC. With the combox, I can search my devices from iDrive and album art and everything is displayed on the screen plus bluetooth stream my music with good quality transmission.

Mandomedic,
I don't have the part numbers, I just relied on BPM to give me all of the stuff I needed. I would guess that the kit could be pieced together for a little cheaper but I did not have a working knowledge of what was required in order to piece everything together. Everything said and done was close to 4k. OUCH!! I don't want to think about that part, but the car is worth it.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:09 PM
New Members

Default Amp location

I like the simplicity of having the amp push everything instead of a separate audio processor. Probably greater clarity can be achieved but this setup sounds surprisingly well. Enough that I know the X5 is probably going to make me change it sooner rather than later. I will be cleaning up the wires later. I just wanted it up and running for now.
Attached Thumbnails E60 CCC to CIC...Thanks BPM-image.jpg  
Old 10-13-2014, 08:38 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005

Nice work...if you find a side cover from another e60 with the rear changer compartment, you'll be able to keep that amp in the same location and wiring, but hide it out of sight.

You already dropped 4k...what's another couple bucks to get the correct panels...hahahaa
Old 10-14-2014, 04:35 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Boost7
Nice work...if you find a side cover from another e60 with the rear changer compartment, you'll be able to keep that amp in the same location and wiring, but hide it out of sight.

You already dropped 4k...what's another couple bucks to get the correct panels...hahahaa
Thanks. Thats a really good idea. I will definitely look for one of those. I was not even aware of that, but it makes sense.

Quick Reply: E60 CCC to CIC...Thanks BPM