E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

A defective product was received from BMW of Newport above

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Hello.

Thank you, everybody. I am a bmw525i 2004 owner. I really appreciate for all of you guys to give me wonderful information.
I placed orders last Thursday to BMW of Newport:
1. Base support system
2. Snow board and ski system
3. Chrome grilles (left and right both)
4. Rear refector (left and right both)
5. wiper x 2sets
6. airconditioner filter x 2 sets
7. airfilter x 2 sets

The person who got my order was very knowlegeable on bmw parts and he gave me the discount he promised properly. I placed additional orders, as he is a kind of a cool guy to make a deal with.
I was so satisfied when I place this order.

Today, I got the products through UPS. Shipping was ultra fast.
HOWEVER, I got a DEFECTIVE product for the base support system. I do not believe it was damaged during the tranfer, becuase packing was done in a right way and there was nothing acute inside the box. But, I got a deeply scratched product. I cannot accept the product.
So, I sent him an email to let him know it and I will call him tomorrow, as it was closed today.

I really understand defective products can be delivered to customers, as everybody makes mistakes. However, I wonder how it would be for their treatment on this issue. For the remote buyers like me, the reliability and resposibility are the #1 for everybody. I will report the result tomorrow after I talk with them.
If the replace the defective product or give me refund for the defective product, it would be proven that BMW of Newport are really reliable and responsible place to place orders. If it is, I will place another orders someday. However, if they reject my request, it would be a problem.

I am sure to let you know the results tomorrow. Thank you a ton to read this issue.
Take care...
Old 04-12-2007, 09:33 AM
Members

Hello, everybody.

As I promised, I hope to update my issue.
Today, I talked with the person who got my order at BMW of Newport. He checked if the problem came from UPS's mistake during shipping. Then, He promised to replace it with a new one. He apologized for my getting a defective product.

He was really gentle and sounds resposible and realiable. I am very happy and so moved. I will place another order to him someday definitely.
BMW of Newport is really reliable place to place orders. Please just call him and place orders!!!

401-847-9600 EXT 2448

Have a nice day!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Good to hear that BMW of Newport is replacing the part.