E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Custom door panels for my wagon

Old 07-16-2015, 11:42 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
My Ride: E61 with all the mods
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by wtlb
Were the grills easy to install? Do the old ones just pop off and the new ones easily inserted?
Essentially yes. It is easier to remove them with the panel off but if you are careful they can be removed from the front.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:06 AM
Members
Senior Members

After 3 failed attempts I was able to source a black driver-side panel that wasn't either missing, damaged during shipping, or "not as described" and was able to complete my last custom panel. The driver door is the looker of the bunch as it doesn't have the obtrusive handle design like the other panels, the master window switch was sourced from an M5 and has an additional pad on the handle. Jim Colley was instrumental in helping me obtain a Dirac speaker grill, thanks Jim!

I also purchased some black seat trim for the front seats, these trim panels are in much better condition than my oem beige ones. I plan on adding black seatbacks down the road to complete the look. There will be a few other trim pieces that get upgraded/swapped but the interior is nearing completion!

Evan

Old 08-01-2015, 09:31 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E46 Touring / E82 / E60

$$$$$$$$
Old 08-03-2015, 04:21 AM
New Members

My Ride: 530ixt

I really like what you've done. My 2006 E61 has a beige interior, and there is nothing to break it up. A sea of beige everywhere. I'm looking into doing something similar.
Was your console always black, or did you change it out also?
Old 08-04-2015, 07:31 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jal1234
I really like what you've done. My 2006 E61 has a beige interior, and there is nothing to break it up. A sea of beige everywhere. I'm looking into doing something similar.
Was your console always black, or did you change it out also?
"Sea of beige" was the term I also used to describe my old interior. This is what it used to look like:

Old 08-04-2015, 07:39 AM
New Members

Default Custom door panels for my wagon

My pre-LCI is similar, except the whole door panel is beige.

What did you do to the luggage area of your wagon? Did you replace all of that carpet also?
Old 08-04-2015, 09:11 AM
Members
Senior Members

My pre-LCI is similar, except the whole door panel is beige.

What did you do to the luggage area of your wagon? Did you replace all of that carpet also?
Cargo is oem with the exception of a black all-weather mat and a rear-floor storage handle that broke and I replaced it with a black one.

I usually source my interior parts form eBay and other auto dismantlers so it is hard to come by E61 specific parts . I have seen some E61s with black interiors but the cargo area would be a lot of work for little reward IMO, not saying I won't do it at some point but it is a low priority. The black cargo mat was a simple and effective upgrade.

Evan

Old 08-04-2015, 11:56 AM
New Members

I put a black mat back there also, but it doesn't keep the sides from occasionally getting dirty. I got the heavy rubber black mats for the front and rear footwells, but I'm looking at black front and rear carpets and lower trim. I have standard seats w/o heat, and would like to change them out for heated actives at the same time. Black seats are common, but beige are hard to find. Only have 25k miles on my E61 6MT, so I intend to keep it for a long time.
Old 08-04-2015, 05:10 PM
Members
Senior Members

I put a black mat back there also, but it doesn't keep the sides from occasionally getting dirty. I got the heavy rubber black mats for the front and rear footwells, but I'm looking at black front and rear carpets and lower trim. I have standard seats w/o heat, and would like to change them out for heated actives at the same time. Black seats are common, but beige are hard to find. Only have 25k miles on my E61 6MT, so I intend to keep it for a long time.
Starting with beige certainly is an uphill battle. The good thing is you plan on keeping the car for a long time and that allows you to wait for deals to surface. The comfort seats will change your life, they are incredible beige are not as common as black but it shouldn't be too difficult finding some front seats.

Evan
Old 08-05-2015, 06:11 AM
New Members

A fine fix you got me into! I've bit the bullet, and started ordering trim, carpet, console, etc from eBay. Mine won't be an exact duplicate of what you've done, but will be close. I have to be careful, as I live in the south, so contact surfaces are better in lighter colors, but they also attract dirt and sweat. I'll take some before and after shots.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Custom door panels for my wagon