E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Comfort seat retrofit wiring

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 05:29 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i
Model Year: 206
Default Comfort seat retrofit wiring

I drive a 06 525i EUR version with the semi-electric seat with heat (494) and active (455). I already purchase a set of comfort seat off 06 545i with active headrest and such.

After various reading on the retrodit, today I started mine but havent been able to figure out the wiring and the seats hasnt moved.

In brief, I discover the wiring from the car body to the seat has 3 connectors being a black 8-pins, a big yellow connector and a small black connector with only 2 twisted wires in yellow/red and yellow/brown. Both the 8-pin and the yellow conmector have thick power and ground already in brown and red. The CAN H and L in twisted in yellow and black are in pin 5 6 of the 8-pin black connector. I also see these yellow and black wires in pin 11 12 of the middle connector behind the center console switch.

On the big yellow connector, I put in additional power wire in pin 3 and ground in pin 11 as the diy to give electric to the switch. I also tried to run additonal wire from pin 2 of the yellow connector to pin 3 on the center console as suggested.

However, the seat is not moving at all. The only botton working now is the bottom massage (active seat) button on the center console switch.

What did I do wrong and how to fix this?

Thanks