Comfort Access: cannot unlock the door - 5Series.net - Forums

Go Back  5Series.net - Forums > E60 5 Series (2004 - 2010) > E60 Parts, Accessories and Mods
Reload this Page >

Comfort Access: cannot unlock the door

E60 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Comfort Access: cannot unlock the door

Old 12-13-2018, 07:47 AM
New Members

My Ride: í08 550i
Default Comfort Access: cannot unlock the door

Hello guys.
I know there have been other threads and I did google them but I couldnít find the answer still.
Just recently the comfort access (keyless entry) stopped working on the driverís door. Other doors function well and actually I still can lock driver's door by touching the handle. So itís only unlocking.
I called my technician earlier today and he told me the sensor is located not in the handle itself but some other module needs to be replaced.
I googled whatís there on ebay and found this part: 6957094 (Control unit passive go).
Iím guessing he was talking about this thing but it doesnít really make any sense to me since everything else works except for the unlocking.
What would you recommend me to do to check if itís the handle or the module problem? Because I donít really want to spend money on something that will not 100% fix the issue. Technician said if itís the module it is around Ä300-Ä500 + labor (I actually found it on ebay for about Ä50 but still).