E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Coding cd changer - 2009 e60 - please help !

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 03:20 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520D msport
Default Coding cd changer - 2009 e60 - please help !

Hi folks...

I have a multi changer CD player I wish to use, I've installed the hardware but I'm struggling with the coding.
Can anyone please help with some sort of step guide ?

I have the cable and the software.... I've tried adding to VO $672 , writing FA and such but I just can't make it work ?

If I keep stabbing away at it I'm gonna turn my car into a slug for sure !!!

1st question..... I assume the ignition should be on but car not running? But I can't make lap top see the car unless engine is running? The key is a block key fob and a start button so turning the key to pos 2 isn't an option?
Stupid I know , but I'm banging my head against the wall.

2nd question..... Am I doing the whole job in NCs expert or do I need to use the other software I was supplied with... ?

A guide must exist somewhere ?

Please can anyone help ?
Old 09-16-2015, 02:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d

Originally Posted by Wonky
Hi folks...

I have a multi changer CD player I wish to use, I've installed the hardware but I'm struggling with the coding.
Can anyone please help with some sort of step guide ?

I have the cable and the software.... I've tried adding to VO $672 , writing FA and such but I just can't make it work ?

If I keep stabbing away at it I'm gonna turn my car into a slug for sure !!!

1st question..... I assume the ignition should be on but car not running? But I can't make lap top see the car unless engine is running? The key is a block key fob and a start button so turning the key to pos 2 isn't an option?
Stupid I know , but I'm banging my head against the wall.

2nd question..... Am I doing the whole job in NCs expert or do I need to use the other software I was supplied with... ?

A guide must exist somewhere ?

Please can anyone help ?
PM me your VIN and I'll take a look
Old 09-17-2015, 08:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i, Jet Black, Tan, Premium, Steptronic

In order to get the key into "position 2" you need to insert the fob and select the start button and keep your foot off of the brake pedal so that the engine does not start.

You should now be able to start INPA and communicate with the car without the engine running.

Start NCS Expert. You need to add the CD-Changer to the vehicle order (VO) in both the LMA and CAS. Depending on the car, you might also need to delete S694 "preparation for CD-Changer" from the VO.

I always close NCS Expert after coding one option and then restart the software for any additional changes.

Using NCS Expert you then need to code the M-ASK or CCC (you don't indicate which radio is in the car) to activate the CD-Changer. You do this by selecting the appropriate module, select "SG_CODIEREN" as the job and then "Execute the Job" and the module will be coded to reflect the VO.

I've left out some steps but hopefully you get the drift, and if you don't then do some more research so that you don't "brick" the car.

Last edited by txag_530i; 09-17-2015 at 08:40 AM.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:15 PM
New Members

My Ride: 520D msport

Thanks guys for the advice, apologies for delay in response....had a bit of a work thing take me away for a week and a bit.........
Just got back.... Will pick this up this week...

Appreciate the help and advice, just sometimes life gets in the way as im sure you know

Cheers

Wonky
Old 04-12-2016, 08:15 PM
New Members

My Ride: 530i 2008 LCI
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N52

Hi

I have the same issue, CD Changer is factory fitted, i have 672 from factory but the only things i see in idrive are FM CD AM and AUX. No CD1 to 6 even greyed out

Yesterday i checked the VO, $672 is there, and i coded again CAPPL to reflect the VO (i also dumped the TRW file and it has CDC aktiv).

Should i check the MOST connection on the CDC itself ? When i use ISTA/P to gather the car's modules and state, the CDC is not lit , which makes me think there is a MOST connection problem within the ring

Where should i check first ?