E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by eldon e60
Anyone know how much is the cic retrofit and where i can buy my my ccc burned out and it not working soo i am thinking doing the cic
PM member Patryk on this thread. He can also be reached at info@bimmer-tech.net.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:10 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 545i & 01 316i

Wow, this thread died. Time to bring it back from the grave.

I'm going to be doing the CiC + ComBox retrofit in a few months. I'm building a parts list, saving my pennies, and have a few questions that have not been addressed in the past 97 pages (yes I've read it all).

1) My 545i has S676A sound package, so I know after the retrofit I'm going to have to adjust the way the car processes audio. I am leaning towards the RF PBR300x4 and have a few questions about this. I did the exact same thing for a customer of mine a few years back with a Ford Fusion and OEM Nav + Infiniti Kappa 6 channel amp + MTX sound processor and no matter what I did I got alternator whine. I'm pretty good with this kinda thing and every trick in the book I knew about to eliminate it ... it wouldn't go away. The band-aide fix was turn down the gains on the amp and the customer had to turn the volume up higher on the factory screen. We were using an MTX sound processor with that one, so no sound processor with this, just straight to the amp from the CiC. I guess my question is for those of you with the 676a package + external amp is there any alternator white/feed back?

2) Has anyone (including Patryk) done a Sat radio integration with the CiC? If not, I'd be a willing guine pig.

3) Maybe I overlooked it, but for Pat to do coding remotely what cable must I purchase for him to be able to access the car?

I'm coming from a non/Nav w/BT 05 545i, and intend to keep the OEM control know, and not upgrade it. Furthermore, I'll be doing a 9500ci +Live integration at the same time.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:42 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW

The main thread is about the CIC retrofit, so not much audio discussions on audo. Anyway, I did have the whine after I installed a JBL MS-8. I just turned down its "System Level" setting and it sounds great. I didn't have to mess with the stereo volume. The system is still much louder than what my ears\comfort level can handle without distorting the sound. I guess it just depends on how good the amp electronics are.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:27 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by Georgieb
The end result was a perfect match. Once I was satisfied with the way the bezel fit I removed the tape and started to take the center console in the car apart. For an excellent read on how to do this simply roll back a few pages in this thread to Peter's pictures and info.
Sorry to drag up a rather old post, but does anyone know the part number for the trim bezel that's shown here? NEVERMIND ON THIS QUESTION. I FOUND THE ANSWER HERE: https://5series.net/forums/e60-parts...2/#post1414003

Also, does anyone know if the CIC controllers used on vehicles produced most recently (i.e. X3/X5 right now) will work with the CCC system? I haven't compared the wiring diagrams on them, but I was thinking they might.

I have access to one of the new controllers for a very low cost and am installing the CCC system in mine, so wanted to see if putting the new style controller in is an option.

The newest style no longer has this "shroud" as I will call it, but I'm fairly sure you can swap out this trim bezel with the new style one.

Last edited by ncsugrad2006; 02-19-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

Originally Posted by ncsugrad2006
The newest style no longer has this "shroud" as I will call it, but I'm fairly sure you can swap out this trim bezel with the new style one.
I have seen members here trying to buy this plastic trim so I am assuming its essential to hold the controller parts in place. Probably the newer cars have some other way to hold the controller machinery.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:40 PM
New Members

For anyone else looking for this part:

RealOEM.com BMW E63 645Ci Center console/mount/trim

Part number 51169169999
Old 03-01-2013, 06:11 AM
Members

Hello All!

I've done the cic mod a couple of months back, and noticed a problem today. Someone that I know retrofitted dual climate controls (lci) from A/C Basic to dual climate controls and had a problem, his a/c compressor does not start,

This got me thinking if I did me pre-lci to lci climate controls correctly, being cold outside when I did the cic & lci climate panel control I did not have a way to test and see if my A/C compressor works.

I now found out that you can see if the compressor starts/stops if you look at it (under the hood). I called a friend with a similar car, and did the test, I can clearly see when the compressor starts/stops when pressing the a/c button.

My compressor is always on, it never stops, even if the a/c button is on/off on the control panel. I did the pin 21 mod on the lci climate panel, but I guess I am missing something. I tried searching but all I could find is the pin 21 solution which I already did.

My motor fan does not stay on (as other members had problems with, so I assumed that my setup is working correctly, but I am sure now that it is not).

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by zagato; 03-01-2013 at 07:00 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Originally Posted by zagato
Hello All!

I've done the cic mod a couple of months back, and noticed a problem today. Someone that I know retrofitted dual climate controls (lci) from A/C Basic to dual climate controls and had a problem, his a/c compressor does not start,

This got me thinking if I did me pre-lci to lci climate controls correctly, being cold outside when I did the cic & lci climate panel control I did not have a way to test and see if my A/C compressor works.

I now found out that you can see if the compressor starts/stops if you look at it (under the hood). I called a friend with a similar car, and did the test, I can clearly see when the compressor starts/stops when pressing the a/c button.

My compressor is always on, it never stops, even if the a/c button is on/off on the control panel. I did the pin 21 mod on the lci climate panel, but I guess I am missing something. I tried searching but all I could find is the pin 21 solution which I already did.

My motor fan does not stay on (as other members had problems with, so I assumed that my setup is working correctly, but I am sure now that it is not).

WHEN WILL PEOPLE EVER LEARN TO STOP DOING THIS. Just use your pre-LCI panel with newer buttons.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:51 AM
Members

I wanted the lci look... the prelci control panel looked really outdated... the question is, what now? :-)
Old 03-01-2013, 11:25 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by zagato
Hello All!

We need to know exactly what year/model your car is. Apologies if this is posted somewhere obvious already and I missed it.

I know my car (2004 545i) and many others from BMW use a variable swash plate AC compressor, that does NOT have a clutch. This means it does always turn. It basically always turns, then has a swash plate that is moved around depending on how much "work" needs to be done. It's variable from 0 to 100%. Instead of cycling on and off all the time, it just changes the angle up and down to adjust everything as needed.

I also saw a compressor for sell on a newer BMW that indeed DID have a clutch, so at some point it appears they went back to that design.

Here is the theory of the compressor from BMW. Hope that helps.

BMW CLUTCHLESS AC COMPRESSOR OPERATION/THEORY

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG