E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 02:25 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530i
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52N

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
BSW is absolutely rubbish. If you are willing to change the sound now is the time to do it.
Hmm ok. I might have to speak with BSW and see if they will allow a return, even though its just a few days short of their 30 days money back guarantee. Now if I was to get all of this done, what sort of a price range are we looking at for speakers and an amp? I don't care about an additional sub, the bass I get from midrange drivers are good enough for me. Also, I don't really want to be modifying any of the speaker placement areas, apart from a little bit of work in rewiring at each speaker point, will they be able to pretty much fit in the same places?
Old 03-27-2011, 02:42 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

In that case search for Earthquake or Pioneer subs, rainbow and other speakers. Some people have some pretty amazing set up here.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
In that case search for Earthquake or Pioneer subs, rainbow and other speakers. Some people have some pretty amazing set up here.
I think I read somewhere that BSW were rebadged rainbow speakers? Now after giving it all a bit more thought, I've decided to stick with the BSW speakers I got, I mean I can always upgrade them later on down the track if I feel its still lacking. At this point in time I just want to get the same sound performance pre-CIC retrofit and if throwing in an amp will restore its performance or bring it slightly higher than what I've had, then I'm happy. A car sound system is secondary for me and isn't that critical to get perfect.

So now, which amp?
Old 03-27-2011, 07:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

The easiest upgrade might be to find the blaupunkt pnp amp. Use this to drive the speakers and use the OEM amp to drive the subs. Or do what I did - run the front speakers via the OEM amp (but you will have to build a harness for this) and then use a suitably large 4 channel amp in the rear to drive the subs and the rear speakers.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Im with Bruce, return the bsw. I recommend getting Rainbows. I can assist you in getting them for you. Regarding amps, if you're trying to do a single 6 channel amp, there's quite a few manufactures that offer them. Audison, Zapco, JL Audio etc..
Old 03-27-2011, 07:23 PM
Members

Originally Posted by nelson29
Im with Bruce, return the bsw. I recommend getting Rainbows. I can assist you in getting them for you. Regarding amps, if you're trying to do a single 6 channel amp, there's quite a few manufactures that offer them. Audison, Zapco, JL Audio etc..
All right then, I'll try and return/sell the BSW's. So lets get started eh, whats the total damage for the lot? You think around the $1500 mark would get me a decent sounding system? Of course I will need complete guidance through all the wiring. Best if the speakers fit into the stock housing, I don't really want to do much cutting if necessary. This has gone a little off topic, I've created a new thread below to consolidate all of this:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/111...-cic-retrofit/

Please post in that thread from now
Old 03-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

check this out fellow CIC club members http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=507330
Old 03-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Members

Can the SAT shifter be retrofited into the pre-LCI models?

Originally Posted by nelson29
Russ @ Octave just finish installing the controller for me, he also installed the SAT shifter refrofit
Old 03-29-2011, 09:32 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

i love boring nights ,, I did this ,

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-dsc_1297.jpg
CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-dsc_1299.jpg
CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-dsc_1302.jpg

I wrapped the plastic cover with aluminum tape so that I can easily locate the USB port inside the glove box ..
Old 03-29-2011, 09:39 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ehssan
i love boring nights ,, I did this ,

Attachment 119124
Attachment 119125
Attachment 119126

I wrapped the plastic cover with aluminum tape so that I can easily locate the USB port inside the glove box ..

Good job!

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG