E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit

Old 10-16-2017, 02:47 PM
Probation Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW e60 520d 2007
Default CIC Retrofit

Hello!
Few weeks ago I've decided to do a CIC retrofit, but on my own. First step was to sell my CCC navigation (display, controller and module). Here is how things look currently:

By the way the car's model is e60 520d (2007, pre-facelit).

Here is what I bought thus far:

- CIC module
- display (CID)
- idrive controller
- CID CAN/power connector
- cable
- usb port & cable
- LCI climate control panel

Soon I'll get the panel located below the controller (central console I guess it is called, not sure).

I know there a lot of DYIs, youtube clipc etc... however I wanted to open my own thread. Basically I am a newbie, but willing to learn how to do this retrofit. Even if I mess up I shall go to my dealer to solve the problem for me.

So, I have several questions for now.

Would you please advise me on which guide to follow on how to assemble everything and also I do need information about the coding - what cable and software would I need.

I will post the progress here by updating the initial post. Hope to get some help from the community here!
Old 08-09-2018, 04:55 PM
New Members

My Ride: 523i LCI
Model Year: 2004
Engine: m54

do you get the emulator as well?
Old 08-12-2018, 05:21 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Model Year: 2006
Engine: n52

here u go...from under your nose BMW Club Bulgaria - ??? ?????? - E60 NBT Retrofit
good luck...i am waiting to do see if someone can do MGU FOR OUR E6X
Old 08-15-2018, 04:17 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW E60 535i
Model Year: 535i 2008

As for coding you will need to first and VO to you car and code cic, that will make your cic work only Ncs expert and kdcan cable needed for that, now as for maps you have couple of options you can buy an emulator or change vin with tool32 or winkfp or Fstool, than make cic virgin with cic patcher via usb and use fstool to import FSC codes, its little tricky since you will need Icom for that. Pm me if you need help

Search this Thread