E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CCC sound system vs CIC sound sistem

Old 01-18-2013, 06:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CCC sound system vs CIC sound sistem

Hi guys,

Quick question (I tried searching but did not find any info regarding this matter).

I upgraded my CCC professional to CIC. Installation was easy, but I have a minor issue. The sound system now sucks.... before I had deep bass and the sound was crisp and deep at high volumes, now it sucks big time, there is almost no bass, the volume is not as "loud" and deep at is was before. The woofers are connected, they work, but the sound is terrible.

The CIC unit is codded correctly with my sound option (SA676 HIFI LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM).

Anyone else have this problem?

Please, any help or information is GREATLY appreciated.

Last edited by zagato; 01-18-2013 at 07:38 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:45 PM
New Members

This is a known issue. I belive there is a post on what the fix is in this thread:

https://5series.net/forums/e60-parts...-99495/page94/
Old 01-18-2013, 01:25 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: M3
Model Year: 2017

The CCC SA676 outputs high level, high pass front and rear signals from the CCC, and balanced, low level, low pass signals to a separate OEM amp in the trunk to power the underseat woofers.

The CIC SA676 outputs balanced, low level, full range, flat signals to a separate 6-channel OEM amp in the trunk.

That is the cause of your audio problem.

One way of solving that is to replace your current OEM setup with a 6-channel aftermarket amp that accepts balanced signals. That will power all your current 6-channels (front, rear, underseat).

The other way involve tapping the rear outputs of the CIC to the inputs of the OEM amp at the rear of that CIC in your car. The problem of that is that you will be powering the front and rear speakers with a low level signal which most probably you will not like the way your system will sound.

Originally Posted by zagato
Hi guys,

Quick question (I tried searching but did not find any info regarding this matter).

I upgraded my CCC professional to CIC. Installation was easy, but I have a minor issue. The sound system now sucks.... before I had deep bass and the sound was crisp and deep at high volumes, now it sucks big time, there is almost no bass, the volume is not as "loud" and deep at is was before. The woofers are connected, they work, but the sound is terrible.

The CIC unit is codded correctly with my sound option (SA676 HIFI LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM).

Anyone else have this problem?

Please, any help or information is GREATLY appreciated.

Last edited by Technic; 01-19-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:37 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Model Year: 2006
Engine: n52

were did u get the CIC FROM?
Old 01-19-2013, 08:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

This affects people who have the Hi-Fi option only (US std). Logic 7/Individual and EU basic are not affected.
Technic has explained why.

3 options.
1. Buy and replace the OEM amp with a CIC Hi-Fi amp. This is best OEM solution. Problem is that these amps are hard to come by in the 2nd market.
2. Install a MS-8 or similar.
3. Use a four channel amp in the rear to drive the rear speakers and the underseat woofers. Use your current Hi-Fi amp to run the fronts, This avoid too much wiring. Allows you to reuse your old amp.

Technic can fix you up with wiring sets for 1 and 2 atleast.

I myself am considering if I should in the CIC Hi-Fi amp. I am lucky to have found one but that will mean going back to the OEM woofers and remove the Earthquakes I have now.

Last edited by bruce_miranda; 01-19-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Members

Thank you all for your input.

I can purchase a Prologic 7 amp (SA677) and speakers. Will this swap resolve this issue? As to my knowledge the DSP amp is hooked up with the cic through fiber optics, and all the wiring go from the amp to the speakers. Is this correct ?

Thanks again for all your help.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: M3
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by zagato
Thank you all for your input.

I can purchase a Prologic 7 amp (SA677) and speakers. Will this swap resolve this issue? As to my knowledge the DSP amp is hooked up with the cic through fiber optics, and all the wiring go from the amp to the speakers. Is this correct ?

Thanks again for all your help.
You should get a JL Audio XD600/6.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:46 PM
New Members

My Ride: 535 E61 2010

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
This affects people who have the Hi-Fi option only (US std). Logic 7/Individual and EU basic are not affected.

3 options.
1. Buy and replace the OEM amp with a CIC Hi-Fi amp. This is best OEM solution. Problem is that these amps are hard to come by in the 2nd market.
3. Use a four channel amp in the rear to drive the rear speakers and the underseat woofers. Use your current Hi-Fi amp to run the fronts, This avoid too much wiring. Allows you to reuse your old amp.

I myself am considering if I should in the CIC Hi-Fi amp. I am lucky to have found one but that will mean going back to the OEM woofers and remove the Earthquakes I have now.
I've retrofitted CIC into MY2010 E61 with SA676 and sure enough, it sounds like total crap. I'd rather not do the MS-8 but go the OEM way, can you share the part # of the amp you speak of, is it 65129198762 or the old 65129166176? Everything in RealOEM points to 65126920461 but that's what I have right now and obviously it's not the right part.

Can you also explain what wiring harness changes are needed to make this work correctly?

Last edited by vadimr; 10-13-2013 at 03:31 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:22 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW

After I did the CIC mod, I did this with Technic's cables.

https://5series.net/forums/e60-parts...nstall-124141/
Old 05-08-2016, 01:48 AM
New Members

My Ride: 530ix
Model Year: 2020

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda

3 options.

Has anyone done number 3? I want to reuse the existing amp for now, but do not really see how this works. I know i tap into the back of the CIC and run wires to the amp, but doesn't the system do this anyway?

I know Technic said:

The CCC SA676 outputs high level, high pass front and rear signals from the CCC, and balanced, low level, low pass signals to a separate OEM amp in the trunk to power the underseat woofers.

The CIC SA676 outputs balanced, low level, full range, flat signals to a separate 6-channel OEM amp in the trunk.

I am just not savvy enough to understand why this matters since they both pass stuff to an OEM amp in the trunk, which should be doing more work than it is.

any help appreciated.