E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CCC Professional Nav Retrofit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 09:15 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 525i
Default CCC Professional Nav Retrofit?

Hi there

I have a 2007 BMW E60 525i with the small, basic CCC iDrive (no nav, no bluetooth except for the Nokia snap-in adapter in the armrest) with just one CD slot (no cd changer). A friend of mine recently told me that he has the big screen iDrive with navigation along with the head unit and iDrive controller lying around in his garage and I want to retrofit it.

I did a lot of research and I stumbled upon drastically different opinions and experiences, some stating that it is essentially a plug and play deal with some light coding required, and others stating that I'd have to buy certain cables and harnesses and such.

I don't understand how I should go about doing this. Coding is not an issue since a friend of mine codes F and E series BMWs and is pretty good at it, however I am talking about the "physical" retrofit.

The iDrive controller I have has the large MENU button underneath it, but no other buttons. I have attached pictures of an iDrive and a controller almost identical to the ones I have, and this is my car's VIN CODE: DABNE56010CS28147

Can someone please tell me how to achieve this? Is it truly plug and play or does it require some stuff?

This is a picture an iDrive similar to the one my friend has:

Thank you for your time, I really appreciate it.
Attached Thumbnails CCC Professional Nav Retrofit?-maxresdefault.jpg   CCC Professional Nav Retrofit?-maxresdefault-1-.jpg  
Old 03-28-2017, 09:13 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: ,retro sport button,comfort seats,m5 front and rear swaybars,pullbars,550 brakes kit with slotted and drilled rotors,upper strut brace,lower 2pt brace,3im,power box,m5 eom wheels,m5 rep bumper and skirts.
Model Year: 2007

HI, I'm also looking to do the same thing to my car, there are other wiring needed for this conversion besides what's there from the original radio. You sat antenna should be fine and should work, your Bluetooth module should also be the same, ck real oem for the differences. Coding will also be nessesay. I may start this this week if I can get some good weather. I'm doing a ccc retro from an lci only because it came with my donor car.