E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CA Bay Area e60 owners. Need some help with my LCI tails

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 04:27 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545 modded the F out
Default CA Bay Area e60 owners. Need some help with my LCI tails

Hey friends.

I had Simon do the rewire for my LCI tails to achieve the "Ricky Brake Effect" quite some time ago. As some of you might know, he's gone MIA (I think he took on a job back in the homeland). My driver's side brake lamp (fog bulb) stopped working about 3 weeks ago. I swapped the bulbs from one light to the other and both are working just fine. I'm not that great with all the wiring stuff, hence the reason I always had Simon do my work. Hopefully I can touch base with any locals who may lend a helping hand and point me in the right direction. At the very least maybe plug your light in and see if I just need to buy a replacement. Thanks in advance.

I'm thinking it may be a blown diode or possibly just a re-soldering of some sort.

THANK YOU
Old 01-10-2015, 07:10 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by devildawg712
Hey friends.

I had Simon do the rewire for my LCI tails to achieve the "Ricky Brake Effect" quite some time ago. As some of you might know, he's gone MIA (I think he took on a job back in the homeland). My driver's side brake lamp (fog bulb) stopped working about 3 weeks ago. I swapped the bulbs from one light to the other and both are working just fine. I'm not that great with all the wiring stuff, hence the reason I always had Simon do my work. Hopefully I can touch base with any locals who may lend a helping hand and point me in the right direction. At the very least maybe plug your light in and see if I just need to buy a replacement. Thanks in advance.

I'm thinking it may be a blown diode or possibly just a re-soldering of some sort.

THANK YOU
Hey what's up JR. Just give me a call and I can give you a hand. I'm not sure how Simon wired it however it is probably all in the bulb carrier. I'll pm you my number.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d

I don't understand... you say you swapped the bulbs over and it works now, so what's the issue?
Old 01-10-2015, 08:17 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 530Xi
Model Year: 2006

Hey friends.

THANK YOU
JR,
Still have my number? I can take a look at the wires for you. Yeah might be the diode.

Last edited by quanger; 01-10-2015 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-11-2015, 01:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Booyaazaa
Hey what's up JR. Just give me a call and I can give you a hand. I'm not sure how Simon wired it however it is probably all in the bulb carrier. I'll pm you my number.

Fasho. thanks man. Quanger is gonna stop by the crib tomorrow to check it out. If we come up stumped I'll holla at you. thanks bro. Good lookin out

Originally Posted by sanjsanj
I don't understand... you say you swapped the bulbs over and it works now, so what's the issue?
My mistake. I worded it wrong, which is why you probably got confused. What I meant to say is that I swapped the bulb that is not working out of the carrier that is inoperable into the one that is and found that both bulbs are working just fine. So the problem is definitely the driver's side bulb carrier. Either soldering or diode

Originally Posted by quanger
JR,
Still have my number? I can take a look at the wires for you. Yeah might be the diode.
Fasho! Thanks for hitting me up. See u tomorrow

Last edited by devildawg712; 01-11-2015 at 02:13 AM.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:08 PM
Senior Members

Big shot out to Quang for making his way to Fremont and helping me out. My rear tails are as good as new. Thanks again brotha

Name:  securedownload_zps2404a16d.jpeg
Views: 13
Size:  47.4 KB
Old 01-11-2015, 02:55 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 530Xi
Model Year: 2006

Big shot out to Quang for making his way to Fremont and helping me out. My rear tails are as good as new. Thanks again brotha

No problem bro, good to help a fellow 5ers out of a jam.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:12 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Cool. Glad you got your tails working again.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:57 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Booyaazaa
Cool. Glad you got your tails working again.
Thanks bud. Quang is a real stand up dude. Since Simon's AWOL I'll be turning to him for any future coding debacles

THANKS QUANG!!!!