E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

BMW E60 heated seats retrofit help

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 05:37 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 520d m sport
Default BMW E60 heated seats retrofit help

Can anyone help me with wiring of heated seats please.

I have a 2007 lci 520d m sport that i want to wire up new heated seats from 2006 535d m sport.

I have connected the big yellow plug for the semi electric and all that works ok, i have alsu reused part of the seat loom from my original seats as it had cables going to headrest, everything that side seems to be working fine.

I have a module in the new seats that all seem to be wired on the sear apart from one single plug that is missing, i dont have any other plugs from the car loom to plug into it ( see pic). I have also bought and fitted the dual switches for centre console i.e DTC/HEATED SEAT and PDC/HEATED SEAT. I just plugged in the conector used for just single DTC and PDC

From what i gather the missing plug to the heater module is for power and comms, can i take a connection from the big yellow plug for everything and if do where do i connect to if not do i need to then run wires from the heater module under seat to the switches on the centre console

Any help would be much appreciated as i am trying to get this working as the better half has a degenerative back condition and heat while driving would give her some comfort

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails BMW E60 heated seats retrofit help-20161204_020543.jpg   BMW E60 heated seats retrofit help-20161204_021350.jpg  

Last edited by cul8rm8e; 12-03-2016 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:01 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

You won't be running any wires to the switch in the center console. Those switches communicate over the car network to the seats. That's the good news. The bad news is you will need to have the car coded to recognize this new feature.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:10 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 520d m sport

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
You won't be running any wires to the switch in the center console. Those switches communicate over the car network to the seats. That's the good news. The bad news is you will need to have the car coded to recognize this new feature.
I know there was an extra plug (3)going to the black unit under the seat when in the other car but as it sits its empty as i dont have that plug in the car harness. The other 2 plugs were simple just plug them back in.

I can only assume i need to wire it somehow or no heating power😡