E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Anyone Got any suggestions for exhaust systems?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to buy a new exhaust preferrably one that has a deep purring sound (like the infiniti G35) and looks nice too. i have no idea what brands are good for BMW's and estimated prices... any suggestions anyone?
Old 12-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

i myself have an eisenmann exhaust which took off like 20 lbs.. just the dual one though. www.eisenhaus.com if you decide to get it though get the racing performance one.. i got mine for about a grand. in addition for a deeper sound do a resonator delete. i also did that recently and i love the sound now with a little backfire.. other options for sound include headers and racing cats or cat delete (if you want to go there) but the cats on the e60 are already small, well mine are. parents kind of complained that its too loud though ever since i took off the resonator and replaced it with straight piping haha. other brands include remus, B&B, RD sport (bank), hamann (bank), schnitzer (bank), and supersprint. not sure about anything else there might be more there might not be. dinan doesnt offer an exhaust for the 530 and i dont know to my knowledge if they will come out with one for the 530. they only have exhausts for the 545 and up. good luck with what you decide to do.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 2005 X3 3.0

Originally Posted by kC_GiRL' post='365258' date='Dec 9 2006, 01:39 AM
I wanted to buy a new exhaust preferrably one that has a deep purring sound (like the infiniti G35) and looks nice too. i have no idea what brands are good for BMW's and estimated prices... any suggestions anyone?

I can get you eisenmann, supersprint and g-power single exhaust systems.
they sound almost the same but their weight proportions are slightly different
there is also Hamann quad exhaust if you`d have the M5 rear bumper or M tech with quad diffuser.

tony.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by quad_m' post='365264' date='Dec 8 2006, 10:52 PM
I can get you eisenmann, supersprint and g-power single exhaust systems.
they sound almost the same but their weight proportions are slightly different
there is also Hamann quad exhaust if you`d have the M5 rear bumper or M tech with quad diffuser.

tony.

is there a website where you can actually listen to the sounds?
Old 12-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kC_GiRL' post='365258' date='Dec 9 2006, 01:39 AM

Many on the forum have the Dinan exhaust -very civilized but aggressive without boominess of B&B. Not among the cheapest but definitely quality sound. I don't have clip but frankly the clips never do justice to live sound anyway. Search "Dinan exhaust" and there should be fair number of threads.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is no Dinan exhaust for 530/525i. Only for 550 ($1400+installation) and 545 ($1500+installation) from www.dinancars.com
Old 12-08-2006, 10:50 PM
Members

My Ride: Fully loaded Dinan Tuned E60 545i Sports Sedan, featuring Dinan high flow intake system, Dinan free flow exhaust, Dinan high flow throttle body, Dinan Stage 3 Performance Engine Management Software, Dinan camber plates, Dinan carbon fiber strut tower brace, Dinan 19" lightweight forged wheelset, Dinan/Brembo GT big brake system, Dinan Polished Aluminum Pedal Kit, BMW "M" footrest, Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT's, OEM rear deck spoiler, OEM sun/wind deflector, OEM illuminated BMW door sills, debadged (official "Dinan 5 badging"/emblem earned).

Originally Posted by mihusky' post='365269' date='Dec 9 2006, 02:18 AM
Many on the forum have the Dinan exhaust -very civilized but aggressive without boominess of B&B. Not among the cheapest but definitely quality sound. I don't have clip but frankly the clips never do justice to live sound anyway. Search "Dinan exhaust" and there should be fair number of threads.

Oh yes! Go Dinan! Truly music to my ears for sure! Dinan is just right for me, sporty and throaty enough, yet remarkably civil. Then, when you open her up at full throttle, very, very nice indeed!

BEST REGARDS ALL
Old 12-08-2006, 11:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

do a search on this forum. u'll find reviews, comparisons, video clips, etc.

i went w/ remus. at $600 its the best bang for the buck and i liked the sound.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525i Silver Gray/Gray Dakota Leather | Steptronic | Cold Weather | Xenon | Premium Package Modifications: M Aero Kit | Carbon Fiber Kidney Grill | K&N Air Filter | Charcoal Filter Removed | Radenergie R10 Silver 20" soon | kW coilover V3 | SprintBooster soon | M5 trunk finisher Next planned mods: ?Hamann quad exhaust + Hamann quad rear diffuser + Hamann Front Lip?

I'm going for the hamann exhausts. You can try eisenmann exhausts. They make good exhausts. For non m5, I prefer to get Hamann since I don't really like the sound of the non m5 exhaust by eisenmann.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:49 PM
New Members

My Ride: Rides: 1992 525i (Sold), 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (Sold), Everett-Morrison Cobra - built 1998, 2005 Nissan Frontier Pick Up (daily driver)

Originally Posted by kC_GiRL' post='365267' date='Dec 9 2006, 08:07 AM
is there a website where you can actually listen to the sounds?
Hi kC_GiRL, I was at the Hamann shop a month or so ago in Laupheim, Germany. Here's a 645 with their quad exhaust.

Never mind - I tried twice and it just will not attach. Look for ats77 posts on Hamann. He has some sound files. Or PM me with a regular e-mail and see if I can attach it to that - it's 7.7 Mb and this only takes 5 Mb. I'll try some pictures then..

I have a 550i that I want to have a quad installed and it will be about $2500 plus the diffuser with the dual cut out. I have the M-Aero kit and it would look the same on both sides with 4x 96mm diameter tips with "Hamann" engraved on each. It is sweeet, but expensive. Notice the bottom image - this is a real, functioning quad exhaust unlike others that just run a dummy pipe to the right side with two extra tips for "the look".

Regards,
Santiago

Anyone Got any suggestions for exhaust systems?-quad_tips.jpg

Anyone Got any suggestions for exhaust systems?-side_view.jpg

Anyone Got any suggestions for exhaust systems?-quad_from_behind.jpg

Quick Reply: Anyone Got any suggestions for exhaust systems?