E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Angel Eye Candy

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 04:44 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 BMW 535 X-Drive | Sport, Premium, Cold, Nav | OEM MTech Kit | MTech V3 3.0 AE | RDash Plate Lights | Interior LED | 6000K Fogs | SAT Retrofit | Continental DWS | Jehnert Speakers | Gloss Vinyl Roof | Custom Ambient Amber Match LED Interior |
Default Angel Eye Candy

Why not be a glutton and self-loathe? Here is a shot of my newly installed Mtech V3 3.0 Angel Eyes. One hue whiter and more crisp (a la LED) than pic suggests but definitely an improvement over the yellow stock lights IMHO.

Stay tuned, more to come
Attached Thumbnails Angel Eye Candy-photo-1-.jpg  
Old 12-28-2012, 04:53 PM
Members

Nice !!! i got mine from john at motorcepts a few months ago. i really love the way they look at night but not impressed by the light output during the day. really wanted that brightest the newer BMW ae's give off.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:13 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 BMW 535 X-Drive | Sport, Premium, Cold, Nav | OEM MTech Kit | MTech V3 3.0 AE | RDash Plate Lights | Interior LED | 6000K Fogs | SAT Retrofit | Continental DWS | Jehnert Speakers | Gloss Vinyl Roof | Custom Ambient Amber Match LED Interior |

Thanks, I love it! Granted it won't look like the new model stock AE set-ups (researched quite a bit) but it'll suffice until you and I upgrade to the F-series!!

Motorcepts is right by me, they're one of the few BMW shops here in NY. I'll pay them a visit soon.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Just ordered my Mtech V3 bulbs yesterday.
Can't wait to make the swap.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:00 AM
New Members

You'll love it Subter, let us know when you make the upgrade
Old 12-30-2012, 11:09 AM
New Members

that is a sweet set up! but i am new to bmw and 5 series got my first one on christmas, do i need one led per halo ring or does one led light up both rings?
Old 12-30-2012, 03:20 PM
New Members

Congrats LePaul and welcome! Talk about a nice Christmas gift. Which model do you have? You'll buy a set which will come as a pair, each housing will light up both rings. The inner ring will light up much more than the outer ring as the light distribution is very poor but your cosmetic upgrade will be worth it.

Welcome to E60 forums
Old 12-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

It depends on a lot of things ... what year is your car ... 'cuz pre-LCI is way different with LCI model and the kind of headlight like the OP is Xenon makes it better while the halogen headlight has a lot of limitation so not as good. Also, there are different kind of bulb model & sizes which are different between LCI & pre-LCI model year and Xenon & Halogen headlights.

Originally Posted by LePaulArcher
that is a sweet set up! but i am new to bmw and 5 series got my first one on christmas, do i need one led per halo ring or does one led light up both rings?

Last edited by BlaSTiWi; 12-30-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Not to rain on you parade but the OP has newer LCI model so the AE design is much better compare to the older pre-LCI model so while the MTech V3 is similar in name but the final outcome is way different.

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
Just ordered my Mtech V3 bulbs yesterday.
Can't wait to make the swap.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White 2010 535 M-Sport

Originally Posted by KSwag
Why not be a glutton and self-loathe? Here is a shot of my newly installed Mtech V3 3.0 Angel Eyes. One hue whiter and more crisp (a la LED) than pic suggests but definitely an improvement over the yellow stock lights IMHO.

Stay tuned, more to come
Nice! I think this is a great mod. I did mine a few months back on my LCI e60 via John @ motorcepts. I agree they aren't that bright in the day, but neither were the yellow rings, so Im still happy. The only way to get brighter is to cut open the headlights and instal HID or Orions....or buy a F10. Here is my instal link

https://5series.net/forums/e60-parts...talled-126164/

Quick Reply: Angel Eye Candy