E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Alternative to Eurostickers

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 11:07 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3
Default Alternative to Eurostickers

I've had my euro stickers on the car for a while and they have been looking faded along with my headlights that looked awful. I should have taken a pic of my headlights a few days ago. I decided I need to redo them and the euro sticker is a bit hard to find now. Bimmian makes a tint however I'm not sure exactly how it looks. After doing some research I decided I wanted to try out VHT nightshade. I was always used to some of the ricers using it on tails and looking really bad. Well the reason why it looks bad is due to application, where you have texture or isn't shiney.

What I did was remove the sicker, wetsanded the headlights with 1000,1500,2000. Masked off the area of the side marker and sprayed. I wanted to have enough product on the light because I was going to wetsand the nightshade. It got pretty dark, however light still shines thru, its a translucent paint really. After the entire headlight was sanded again. I polished with m105 followed by 205, then applied sonax polimer net shield along with another headlight sealer on top. My buddy who saw the lights thought the lights were brand new. Came out really good, I dropped some pics below. I think its a great alternative to covering the orange up. If you don't do too many coats you can still see some orange, its like a very dark orange, actually looks really good. You can achieve a gloss finish with the above method.

My fogs were also in really bad shape, rather than doing this method I ordered new ones a few weeks ago, they are blacked out and really improved the look. You can do this same method mentioned to the fog lights if wanted.

Name:  hA0f7VM.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  716.1 KB
Name:  tPrBn6t.jpg
Size:  760.0 KB
Name:  b7W9ltP.jpg
Size:  984.4 KB