E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

ALMOST THERE... Need some advice though... WHEEL GUYS GET IN HERE!!!!!!..(PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 07:40 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 04' 545, 6 Spd Manual, Blk Lthr, Sport Pkg, Sport Sts, Logic 7, Cold Wthr Pkg, Full L.E.D. Interior, Red Eng. Cvr, Mtech Front Bmpr, M5 Spoiler, Matte Blk Grill, Red Caps, Slttd & Drlld Rotors, 20
Model Year: 2004
Default ALMOST THERE... Need some advice though... WHEEL GUYS GET IN HERE!!!!!!..(PICS)

Soooo I've been debating whether to by these Varrstoen ES1's with 20x10 et15 up front 11 rear. So i finally pulled the trigger wheels have arrived time for the test fit Im a little unsure but I definitely think this can work. Rear fitment is no problem. I do have some question about the front after the test fit. I cannot mount tires yet because I have to get the wheels PC'd and dont want to spend the money to dismount/mount and yet again when wheels are done.

1. Is this enough clearance from the wheel to the shock body? ST/KW calls for minimum 5mm I think I can get away with this gap not sure tho. If not I will buy the 5mm spacer w/hub extender. That Problem should be solved.

2.Pic with black line and measuring tape shows where my suspensions previous position (black line) vs now where I had to raise it in order to clear the perch. Is this enough clearance between the bottom of the perch and the rim, if in fact I can get the tire not to rub the perch (hypothetical)

I have a pic of my wheel as it sits currently at the black line the difference from that and the adjustment to clear the perch is about a pinky no larger not a big deal to me. Showed the measurement so you all can get a prospective. Tires will be stretched so wheel wont come all the way to rim edge anyway. I am thinking I can make this happen with the 5mm spacer to add clearance to the shock body (unless you guys think that is enough space) and if I can get the TIRE to clear the perch. What are your thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails ALMOST THERE... Need some advice though... WHEEL GUYS GET IN HERE!!!!!!..(PICS)-img_2817.jpg   ALMOST THERE... Need some advice though... WHEEL GUYS GET IN HERE!!!!!!..(PICS)-img_2807.jpg   ALMOST THERE... Need some advice though... WHEEL GUYS GET IN HERE!!!!!!..(PICS)-img_2820.jpg   ALMOST THERE... Need some advice though... WHEEL GUYS GET IN HERE!!!!!!..(PICS)-img_2819.jpg   ALMOST THERE... Need some advice though... WHEEL GUYS GET IN HERE!!!!!!..(PICS)-img_2821.jpg  

Old 06-25-2014, 07:08 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545, 6 Spd Manual, Blk Lthr, Sport Pkg, Sport Sts, Logic 7, Cold Wthr Pkg, Full L.E.D. Interior, Red Eng. Cvr, Mtech Front Bmpr, M5 Spoiler, Matte Blk Grill, Red Caps, Slttd & Drlld Rotors, 20

All alone on this Island I guess can a brother get some advice?
Old 06-25-2014, 09:58 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

That should be enough space however you will want to run a little bit stretched on the tires so it clears. Make sure you tighten the locking allen so the perch doesn't move.

Last edited by Booyaazaa; 06-25-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:47 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Booyaazaa
That should be enough space however you will want to run a little bit stretched on the tires so it clears. Make sure you tighten the locking allen so the perch doesn't move.
I was hoping someone said that my plan was to already run a stretched tire. I was considering buying a 5mm spacer just in case. Will i need a hub extender with the spacer of that size or should I be ok. I would rather not use a spacer though because I dont want vibration issues. Its a tight fit but definitely seems doable. just didnt know if that was enough clearance for either scenario.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:16 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i 6MT

Originally Posted by Quarta2six
I was hoping someone said that my plan was to already run a stretched tire. I was considering buying a 5mm spacer just in case. Will i need a hub extender with the spacer of that size or should I be ok. I would rather not use a spacer though because I dont want vibration issues. Its a tight fit but definitely seems doable. just didnt know if that was enough clearance for either scenario.
I think I've voiced my opinion on the fitment haha. I say get spacers.. I think you'll need them. What you should do is sell me two of the 20x10's and buy two 20x9's for the front. Mine fit so perfect. I have been thinking about a small spacer up front tho for moar flushhhh. Good luck, post some pics when your fitted!!
Old 06-27-2014, 06:27 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bill109
I think I've voiced my opinion on the fitment haha. I say get spacers.. I think you'll need them. What you should do is sell me two of the 20x10's and buy two 20x9's for the front. Mine fit so perfect. I have been thinking about a small spacer up front tho for moar flushhhh. Good luck, post some pics when your fitted!!
Yea I know Bill, lol... I can fit that 11 rear no problem with a 12mm spacer. I will get the spacer just to have the extra clearance 5mm wont hurt anything, just dont know if ill need hub extenders. You want 10's up front or your happy with the 9? Its going to take me a little while getting these on Im having a hard time trying to find someone to PC the centers and keep the lip since its a 1 piece wheel. Crossing my fingers for this one guy who thinks he can get it done on wed. Then ill still have to wait most PC places are busy this time of year so wont be a quick turn around IF we get the green light. I know it can be done just where is the question. Frustration, lol....
Old 07-20-2014, 09:35 AM
Members
Senior Members

Hey bro's it's me again... I have one more question for you. I finally got the wheels fitted this thing looks sick and have 0 rubbing issues with the front with a 225/35 on a 10 w/5mm spacer. I am planning on going up on the spacer width to a 12mm because I have plenty of room because of the tire stretch. It has been spoken about that front or rear ends are not equal on Both sides. My car the driver side wheels sit out further than the passenger. Looks uneven when I look at it dead on in front of the car. My question is can I run different size spacers from passenger to driver to even things out. It would make sense to me but idk if this has been done. I've test fitted and drove the car with 15mm spacer in the front. Passenger side fits perfect no rubbing but driver rubs a little bit. That's why I want to drop to a 12 to help the driver side. Need some advice on this one. Pics are with 15MM Spacers front (not a typo) lol....
Attached Thumbnails ALMOST THERE... Need some advice though... WHEEL GUYS GET IN HERE!!!!!!..(PICS)-img_2914.jpg   ALMOST THERE... Need some advice though... WHEEL GUYS GET IN HERE!!!!!!..(PICS)-img_2917.jpg   ALMOST THERE... Need some advice though... WHEEL GUYS GET IN HERE!!!!!!..(PICS)-img_2919.jpg   ALMOST THERE... Need some advice though... WHEEL GUYS GET IN HERE!!!!!!..(PICS)-img_2920.jpg   ALMOST THERE... Need some advice though... WHEEL GUYS GET IN HERE!!!!!!..(PICS)-img_2921.jpg  

Last edited by Quarta2six; 07-20-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:58 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Damn that is hella stance. I'd be a little concern at the actual rim of the wheel hitting the fender if you hit a big enough dip or bump. Your tires should clear for the most part since they are stretched as f***. For the wheels being off I found that mine were off only 2mm based on the clearance I had between the perch and the inner wheel. I personally would run the same size spacers on both sides. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:18 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Booyaazaa
Damn that is hella stance. I'd be a little concern at the actual rim of the wheel hitting the fender if you hit a big enough dip or bump. Your tires should clear for the most part since they are stretched as f***. For the wheels being off I found that mine were off only 2mm based on the clearance I had between the perch and the inner wheel. I personally would run the same size spacers on both sides. Just my 2 cents.
Lol. Thats what Im going for bro. Its not stayinig like that tho the pics are w/ a 15MM spacer so when I get my fender work today we have a guide. If I can get the 15 not to rub at all or barely anything smaller I put on will be perfect, atleast thats the logic.Ive thought about the wheel hitting the fender im not going to go to low. Just dont want to be limited with my height defeats the purpose of having coils and I didnt like the 5mm and sitting higher because I couldnt clear the perch. I'm going to put on the 12MM which will clear perch and have the poke I want. I'll take your advice with the spacers. Waiting on these tails I got done from umichchris to arrive. Wash it up and Ill post some pics. Appreciate you helping out on my questions, topic got alot of views but not much input.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

Nice set up sir!!! More pics let see some sideview ones

Quick Reply: ALMOST THERE... Need some advice though... WHEEL GUYS GET IN HERE!!!!!!..(PICS)