E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

adding CCC when car has 6UA option

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 10:46 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: coilvers retrofits
Model Year: 2001 and 2011
Default adding CCC when car has 6UA option

quick questions about adding CCC to my non-nav e60. i know the car is preped CCC with option 6UA because i got the list of order options from the dealer and saw the option for the prep. and also my idrive has two buttons under the knob, menu and voice one.

so being that its it prepped for CCC, is it as simple as getting the new wider screen and the CCC and dvd maps along with some coding? i ask because i might have found a e60 being parted out with CCC and figured if i can get it cheap enough, might be cool retrofit to do.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:56 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I don't think it really matters. You will have to code in $609 for nav anyway. The antenna you can mount easily in the empty IP empty speaker slot if you have a non logic 7. If you have the speaker in there I'm not sure if the antenna would fit. You will need a fan cable for the CCC and of course the CCC and larger screen. It's really easy to install.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
I don't think it really matters. You will have to code in $609 for nav anyway. The antenna you can mount easily in the empty IP empty speaker slot if you have a non logic 7. If you have the speaker in there I'm not sure if the antenna would fit. You will need a fan cable for the CCC and of course the CCC and larger screen. It's really easy to install.

anyone know if my car has the option for CCC ready, if it will already have the wiring and connection to the gps antenna on the sharkfin? i know i have 3 different wires connected to that sharkfin. also will it have the CCC fan cable? also about the knob change, since mine already has the 2 buttons, im assuming i dont know anything else?

i tried searching but only found post about people who didnt have the CCC ready option from dealer. im wondering since i have it, is most of the work done. hope i get quick replies to jump on a CCC unit im interested in.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Most of our cars are already prepped in a way for this. I wouldn't waste too much thought on it as you can make it work as most of us have already. I can't answer why you have the talk button, maybe a mistake from the factory, maybe not... To install a CCC it will connect to the existing harness, then the larger screen. The fan cable is cheap along with the antenna, this normally doesn't come in a car with MASK. Trying to use your current shark fin may require it to be replaced and routing wires, PITA!. If your speaker in the dash is empty then the easiest is to put a small antenna in there. Maybe 20 bucks. Then you need code $609. You may have luck and everything works prior to coding, or perhaps just some things work. Either way, you will need to eventually code this in.

if you shoot me your vin I can have a look tomorrow and let you know if it was prepped in.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:52 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 545/6

if it truly is prewired you already have the second microphone for voice recognition and the cable routed for the gps, but you have to connect two farkas together in the trunk. search the archives for the pdf of the retrofit kit from BMW.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Members
Senior Members

Any way to find out if its truly pre-wires? What can I take apart to look for? I know I do have one mic as I had BMW assist. I already got the CCC and the new screen as well as just ordered a gpS from ebay since its cheap might as well. Now I'm just gonna look into making a fan harness and need a new trim piece for the front. My first retrofit but I also have someone local to help with the coding. Thanks for the help everyone
Old 01-28-2013, 04:53 PM
Senior Members

You need two trim pieces for the front. Ac trim and lower wood trim. If you are planning to wrap your interior save the money on the wood and get plastic.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:14 AM
Members
Senior Members

I took some photos from the roof light panel this morning does it look like I have the 2nd microphone installed already??
Name:  51AE4C2E-5E38-4AAF-934C-EB5EA9E0468C-840-0000005781D3AA34.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  224.7 KB

Here's my i drive knob
Name:  7872DDCA-CE13-4A6D-A4A2-DBC12A6572B6-840-00000057A2356B92.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  226.5 KB
Old 01-29-2013, 01:53 PM
Senior Members

Hey i you some information to your email.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Members
Senior Members

CCC has been installed!! it took about 45 minutes for the install. everything works perfect! i have done absolutely no coding (do i need to as a precaution?) and everything works fine and was 100% plug n play, no errors, i have the new 2013 navigation DVDs and i have had no problems so far.

thanks to tonyb635 for all the help! and even providing me with a fan harness (but turns out that my car already had the harness!)

my idrive knob works perfect as can be, but i noticed the scrolling is different with the CCC, if theirs no option to select, it doesnt let me move the knob. unlike when i had the M.ASK it would let me freely move the knob. scrolling, selecting and everything works perfect, so im assuming my car came pre-loaded with the high controller?

only thing i need to do is code the AUX back in as i lost that, besides that it was a very simple retrofit and was able to get everything for $500. CCC, screen, GPS antenna (although mine already had it pre-wired, figured id add a newer one, fan harness (didn't use) and new center console trim piece (on order and on its way). if i sell my old parts, it will end up being a very inexpensive retro fit.

one question. this voice button on the steering wheel and under the Idrive. what does that do? now is that something that needs to be coded? ive gone this long without it, so i dont think i care to have it working, but if a simple coding makes it work, then ill have to take a look into doing it.

thanks again for all those who helped. i know i probably wont be much help for a car that didnt come preped for CCC, mine was just plug n play for me, but i will help if i can if anyone has any questions.

Quick Reply: adding CCC when car has 6UA option