E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

ACS Boot & ROOF SPOILER & INSTALLING A SUB ETC

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 10:34 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

I have a carbon black msport 520d which I have had remapped and as its a lease car I prob wont do an ything else mechanically etc.

I want to add a few bits of my own though & was thinking of an acs boot & roof spoiler but the question is-will i be able to remove them with no damage prior to returning the car,if its just 3m tape it should be do-able but unsure-I guess I could always just buy a new boot lid if I have probs.

I am also going to fit a set of oem smoked rear lights & would like some kind of exhaust tips as the std big oval one looks a bit naff compared to the rest of the car.

Last question-I have a sub & amp which have followed me around my last 5 cars & I wonder whats involved in fitting this to my e60-it just has the std stereo which isnt great-I guess there are no pre-outs so i would have to get some kind of connector rigged up in the boot coming off the speaker cabling-I could also do with more treble in the front & wonder if anyone has recommendations for replacemen t tweeters behind the door mirrors.

I know thats a lot to take on board but hopefully you will be obliging :-)

Many thanks

Paul
Old 07-29-2007, 12:22 PM
Members

My Ride: '06 535d M-Sport Individual Deep Green Metallic 19" Style 172 wheels Individual Champagne leather Media Pack Visibility pack Sunroof Privacy glass

The ACS roof and boot spoilers are bonded on, so getting them off without damage maybe difficult.

However, you might get away with 3M on the roof spoiler as it simply sits on the glass.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:05 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Aeroresh' post='453095' date='Jul 29 2007, 09:22 PM
The ACS roof and boot spoilers are bonded on, so getting them off without damage maybe difficult.

However, you might get away with 3M on the roof spoiler as it simply sits on the glass.
nice car mate-exactly the look I am after :-)
Old 07-30-2007, 05:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

I have the acs kit and my are not bonded on so it i acery easy to come off if I whated them off, same gose or the side, front, real too.
for the sub & amp you will need a exstention box for these things, I forgot what is called but I try and find out next day.
for the BMW HiFi itis as hard as rock to try and mod it so dont bother. Just add stuff to the box and you still have all the hifi stuff working, the the buttons on the wheel.

ACS Boot & ROOF SPOILER & INSTALLING A SUB ETC-.jpg
Old 07-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

The trunk(boot ) spoiler will likely stay affixed with the double sided tape and be easily removed when you return your lease, as for the roof soiler same thing although I would apply a bit of adhesive(Clear silicone works fine) to the sides . Some roof spoiler do have a tendancy to lift on the sides .

Cheers