E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

ACC retrofit - having issues with coding

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 02:37 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2003 E60 520i Black Metalic. Glass Sun Roof, Climate Control High, Bluetooth, Leather Memory, PDC, Adaptive Xenon, Navi Pro, Voice Control, Ipod, Folding rear seats, OEM 172 19" Summer Wheels, OEM 138 17" Winter Wheels.
Default ACC retrofit - having issues with coding

Hi guys

I have been trying to retrofit ACC on my '04 E61 530d. I got the radar used from Ebay, and all the other parts are new. Did the brake pressure sensor retrofit since I have the "old" DSC.

Anyway, I have tried coding only the modules I think are relevant since I can not perform a full car code (NCS EXPERT act up during full car coding). I removed SA540 from the options list, and added SA541. I coded KOMBI, CAPPL, ACC, HUD, SZL, CAS, LMA & DSC. I read some where that the DDE (or DME if petrol) also needs coding, but it is not listed when I look up the modules in NCS EXPERT.

The issue I have is that when I try to engage the cruise control, the only thing that happens is that the cruise speed indicator comes up in the KOMBI & HUD, but no speed indication - it shows "- - -". But does not engage.

Initially after coding, I got a check control error saying "Active Cruise Control failure ... ". But now, no error code displayed. If I enter the Check Control Messages section of IDrive, there is no longer an error. However, if I read out errors with INPA, there is an error stored, that has the code 9181hex. It says that the error would not activate the error lamp...

Does anybody have an idea as to what is wrong? Maybe the radar is faulty, but I think it is weird that it does not then throw a check control error message all the time.

Any input would be highly appreciated - in particular about how to code the DDE (if possible).

Thanks,