E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

545i mods and bolt ons

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just got a manual 545i. I have a job where i drive alotttt. I want to know which mods i should get and what order. I just want to see results but cant drop 2000 right off the bat. so i want to see gains but i will have to get them every 2 weeks or so. so i know like the sprint booster, or the scoops, i live in Charlotte NC so should i get a chip first from upsolute or even at all? please help!!!

regards,
jack
Old 02-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Contributors

If you are going performance only, get the RPi scoops and exhaust to see actual, and immediate increase. A tune would also be something you should consider.

Sprintbooster only adjusts "lag" and doesn't give you any real performance increase. A tune may actually lessen the "lag," but may depend on what you choose. More experienced members in regards to this will hopefully chime in.

Discuss your performance goals with a vendor like Trinity and I'm sure they can help you out with at least a few items.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:47 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
If you are going performance only, get the RPi scoops and exhaust to see actual, and immediate increase. A tune would also be something you should consider.

Sprintbooster only adjusts "lag" and doesn't give you any real performance increase. A tune may actually lessen the "lag," but may depend on what you choose. More experienced members in regards to this will hopefully chime in.

Discuss your performance goals with a vendor like Trinity and I'm sure they can help you out with at least a few items.
+1 on everything
Old 02-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Members

BMX Power Box instead of a Sprintbooster

lag adjustment and HP gain
Old 02-18-2010, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by LevKis
BMX Power Box instead of a Sprintbooster

lag adjustment and HP gain
the BMS powerbox is not available for the N51/N52/N53 motor, that's not the engine for the 545/550

hey jack, how many threads on performance mods are you going to start?

GL with your mod choices....one thing to remember, aftermarket mods are usually designed to compliment other aftermarket mods by the same manufacturer...mixing and matching different parts/brands can possibly lead to the a non-optimal performance set-up....
Old 02-18-2010, 04:39 PM
Senior Members

aFe intake + custom 3" dual exhaust.

After that, save up the ducats for 22"+ wheels.

Then, you're good to go.

Wait, did I mention whistle tips yet?
Old 02-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by NobleForums
aFe intake + custom 3" dual exhaust.

After that, save up the ducats for 22"+ wheels.

Then, you're good to go.

Wait, did I mention whistle tips yet?
I lol'd
Old 02-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
the BMS powerbox is not available for the N51/N52/N53 motor, that's not the engine for the 545/550

hey jack, how many threads on performance mods are you going to start?

GL with your mod choices....one thing to remember, aftermarket mods are usually designed to compliment other aftermarket mods by the same manufacturer...mixing and matching different parts/brands can possibly lead to the a non-optimal performance set-up....
hey i dont need your sarcasm i am a novice in this field and was looking for information sorry to of bothered you scrotum i mean genetals. I am looking to add mods so adding threads to learn what is what seems rather rational to me. If you dont have something informative to say then keep it to yourself. i dont want to be rude its just annoying when i am trying to find out what is what and have to deal with sarcasm from guys like you and the afe guys at the bottom.

regards/
Old 02-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Jackyboy545i
hey i dont need your sarcasm i am a novice in this field and was looking for information sorry to of bothered you scrotum i mean genetals. I am looking to add mods so adding threads to learn what is what seems rather rational to me. If you dont have something informative to say then keep it to yourself. i dont want to be rude its just annoying when i am trying to find out what is what and have to deal with sarcasm from guys like you and the afe guys at the bottom.

regards/
jack relax, my fault, guess I hit a nerve there....I was only joking, hence the smiley at the end of my question...and my statement that followed was with good intentions...

if I was being sarcastic or rude I would have told you to just "search"....

GL with your mods...

</unsubscribed
Old 02-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Yep go with sprint booster, or velocity booster(which you can adjust). Velocity booster is more but it lets you drive less harsh if you have ladies in the car who don't like that since its adjustable. Also RPI scoops are good.