E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Wet Friday Sideways Event!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

The wife and I have a similarly named event that has NOTHING to do with cars!!
Old 04-05-2010, 02:43 PM
lim
Senior Members

My Ride: e60

great pictures and video! by they way thats some sexy wood trim you got in there
Old 04-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by lim
great pictures and video! by they way thats some sexy wood trim you got in there
You think there is a way to change the trip from the carbon silver one to his?

I like it as well.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lim
Love the Brown and Light brown trim.. looks sick... HATE WOOD GRAIN.. but +1 to your setup Designo
Old 04-08-2010, 08:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 E60 M5 (Sepang Bronze/Natural Brown) Eisenmann Exhaust with Miesterchaft Sections 1 & 2 Evosport Headers Evosport Pulley RPi Scoops & Block Off Plates with BMC Filters Eibach Pro-Kit Springs 20" Breyton Race CS in Polished Silver

Thanks so much guys!

Gonna be tracking the car tomorrow and Saturday as well! Stay tuned for in-car footage!

Let's hope these StopTechs do what they were meant to do!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by bmw550ifreak
Looks very nice and fun !
Unlike your definition of drifting, genius.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: M5

Man this guy just doesnt stop, its like a pesty racoon getting into your garbage, UGH.

oh, reminds me of a racoon story. My neighbour had mad racoons go in his pond and eat his fish, and he was choked. So one night he threw in hella fish in the pond and threw in a live electrical wire with the ends cut off. Plugged it into the socket wall and waited all night for the racoons to come and eat the fish, well about 3am they came and the old man woke up. Yup, he did the unthinkable and turned on the switch to the open wires in the pond and the whole electricity and light in the house blew out. Like he cared, he said he just ran out side to see if the little shits were there and sure enough there were two of them feet up and fried He was super happy and after changing a breaker he was all good and he tells me no racoons ever came back. Now thats effort. Point of the story, this 550freak is like on of those racoons, Get lost pal unless you are here to learn shit, dont give advice or comments because no one wants to read them after your previous posts, you fuked up your rep a long time ago choch, PEACE OUT.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Actually seat belt is important in any situation, even if you feel you are a careful and a good driver.

The stig in top-gear wears a seat belt when he drives, and the guy is a pro.
And you are one to talk? What a clown! You are such a joke.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Looks good. Must be a fun experience! This really helps knowing more about ur car. Second gear would've probably been easier to control but you need a tad higher speed. 1st gear has too much power. That annoying bong bong bong! LOL.

You think there is a way to change the trip from the carbon silver one to his?

I like it as well.
U dont need to turn the wheel fast! Physics does the rest. Just pull it to one direction past the middle and it will spin to the other side but catch it before it turns ALL the way. Drifting is all about controlling the throttle not how fast you turn your wheel or how much u turn it. It's not about pulling the ebrake.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 530i 06 ///M5

just some tips for next time, although you got much better as the video progressed!

be smooth with the steering, jerking the car does not help when you are trying to control a slide. seriously in most cases once your sideways all you need to do is make very small steering corrections unless your switching direction or changing the drift angle to enter a tighter turn.

also directly related to your steering, the throttle. keep your RPM's more consistent its not about mashing and letting go its about smooth precise throttle adjustments this will help you with making small steering adjustments as well since the car wont be coming in and out of grip, rather it will keep the same consistent grip throughout your slide allowing you to feel in control.

2nd gear would definitely help next time as well like others have said, also MDM will not help you in those conditions (too slick for it, dsc will engage). the only way is traction control off like you were doing

definitely hard and takes practice

keep it up!

Quick Reply: Wet Friday Sideways Event!